Aging Gecko Support

I have ordered him a Stroodies litter tray and some big slate tiles, he will get a whole home makeover when I get back on break next week. You guys are amazing thank you!

3 Likes

I’m glad that you’ll fix everything. Keep us updated on how it looks once it’s done, I love seeing well-made enclosures that are safe.

2 Likes

Absolutely, I’ll get a picture of the big boy in his new home to show y’all :slight_smile:

3 Likes

UPDATE:

I finally returned home today, and immediately set about changing this man’s enclosure and lifestyle. His tank and hides/rocks were all sanitized, and the walnut substrate was removed for good. He now has 2 layers of paper towels instead. He also has his new Etsy litter tray, so we’ll see if that works.

Due to lcoal shortages, all I have in terms of food are crickets, super worms, and dubias, but the worms and crickets are being gut loaded and all are being vitamin or calcium dusted. I will try to feed him once he settles into his new area.

His light has been replaced with a warmer bulb, and his cool side is around 77F while his hot spot is closer to 86F.

Thank you all for your help!

4 Likes

Looking good!! :+1: I’m sure there will be an adjustment period, but all the changes you made sound great- Gak is lucky to have such a dedicated caretaker!

3 Likes

His health and happiness is my top priority!
So far he is pouting and being a sassy boy, pooping BESIDE his tray, but I’m sure he will be back to his normal self in a few days.

You guys did an awesome thing by helping me out!

4 Likes

FINAL UPDATE:
We have a confirmed happy sploot in his basking area, the big man is asleep and happy in his new set-up.

6 Likes

So cute! :heart:

3 Likes

It looks great! I’m so glad that you could get it fixed. If he doesn’t use the litter tray you could try putting a piece of paper towel down in the area instead. It would look the same but it’s still removable and easy to replace.

2 Likes