An end... and a new beginning

It’s been an interesting week for me so far. Just this Sunday my boyfriend of a year broke up with me, which I saw coming, but was still pretty upsetting. Also, just today I rehomed my second ever crested gecko, because I needed the extra space, and he no longer fit into what I wanted to work on as far as breeding goes.
But, I’ve also finally been able to purchase my first breeder, and I’m looking forward to everything that’s in front of me. Even though it’s been tough, I know that there’s good things coming:) I can finally see plans I’ve made come to fruition, which is super nice for me.
I’m also always thankful for the community here. We share a love for reptiles that other people may think is odd, but that we know is special, and I’m happy to be a part of that. So thanks for answering all of my crazy questions (And know that there will be more of them, because I want to know EVERYTHING!) and especially thanks for welcoming me in:)

13 Likes

Hello @indiflare! Good for you that you are looking ahead and not behind! I am sorry that you have lost a partner but some things can’t be helped. But you seem to be very resilient and that’s a wonderful attribute!

One thing you have not lost is this family and we are all here to support you, but of course you already know that! I’m excited to hear about your breeding plans as well! Just remember @indiflare that nothing, absolutely nothing, happens by accident. Everything is meant for a purpose and you are a part of it, as well as me, and everyone else for that matter!

God bless you sweetie! :pray::heart:

7 Likes

As someone who has never been in a relationship (I am the weirdo 9th grader give me a break :upside_down_face:) all I can really say is I am sorry that you broke up with your boyfriend. As for the cresties, I know how hard of a decision it is; not as hard as your fist as that is almost impossible and should be illegal (definitely not calling out @nswilkerson1 here) , but still a very hard decision to make. I really do think you made a good decision though as I and probably everyone else can tell how passionate you are about eventually breeding and hard choices will always pop up. I know you will be a great breeder and can’t wait to be a customer of the amazing and wonderful future breeder who created this this thread

Edit: I meant first not fist. I really need to get better at proofreading. I still don’t understand how anything gets through my 453 check reads but here we are…

6 Likes

That relationship was actually my first, and I’m 19. So definitely not weird lol.

And thanks to both of you guys. This is why I love this community, everyone here is so kind and helpful.

6 Likes

I rehomed my first ever crestie too to make room for geckos that fit into my breeding plans better - it’s super tough, and i honestly still find it tough every time i have to rehome a breeder that has been with me for a while. But once you change your plans from keeping to breeding, or your breeding plans in general, your focus obviously changes a lot, and not everyone can stay and get the attention they need. So hopefully your baby went to a place where he can be loved and get a lot of attention, and you get to start with your breeding plans :blush:

7 Likes

Evil. How could you :sob:

3 Likes

I’ve been talking a lot to the person who bought him, and I’m confident that he’s got a good home:) Really hoping that my geckos will be ready this upcoming February, my girl is just a bit small still. Plenty of time to get her up to size though.

7 Likes

Checked out my store, I see? I know, I’m evil. But I’m hoping she can give someone else lots of babies and happiness

6 Likes

I definitely haven’t checked out your store multiple times in the past couple of days :lying_face:

5 Likes

I do the same thing, check out users stores sometimes so I don’t judge lol

4 Likes

If I was able to, that calico yellowbelly would be mine. I absolutely love calicos.

5 Likes

Understandable. Calico was one gene I searched for locally for a long time. It was before I trusted animals to be shipped through MM, so I made my wife drive almost 4 hours one way to go get him when he was a hatchling lol
This guy is taking his space

9 Likes

Oooh Nathan! He is so pretty! He looks like chocolate and vanilla ice cream all swirled together! He is Yummy!! :100::+1::heart:

5 Likes

Sorry for stealing your thread @indiflare

Life throws us all curveballs and how we handle them says a lot about us. Good on you for focusing on the positive and moving forward. Hope things keep looking up for you!

5 Likes

Lol, I was gonna say something along the lines of; my thread’s been hijacked, but they’ve got cool snakes so its fine :joy:
It’s been difficult, but I saw it coming, so I was able to prepare myself. But I’m trying to just keep moving on. it’s not the end of the world after all.

7 Likes

the only thing that could end the world is making reptiles illegal. or you know, us humans blowing up the earth. one of those two. what am I even saying and why am I typing me asking myself why I am typing this. I am just going to post this before I add some other ■■■■ into it.

edit: I didn’t say anything bad I swear I just put another word for poop that starts with a C

6 Likes

You seem to be wise beyond your years Logan. That’s all I’m gonna say……

4 Likes

I’m sorry for the endings, @indiflare. They are never fun to go through, but through is the operative word. I’m glad that you are looking forward.

One of the challenges of breeding is parting with animals we’ve had for a long while. It’s the responsible thing to recognize one’s limitations with space and time (apart from those in space-time :joy:). We can’t keep them all, and shifts in plans can mean other shifts. It’s hard.

I’m sure your future and your animals’ future holds many, many good things. You are so wise to look forward!

5 Likes