Anery Genetics Questions - Mystery Litter

A female Black-Eyed Anery produced a litter with a male of unknown genetic make-up. All 12 of the babies are Anery (zero red pigment), but none have black eyes. Some of the babies in the litter are noticeably darker than others, like two distinct phases. Can anyone with strong knowledge of BC morphs offer a possible genetic explanation (or multiple possibilities)? I’d like to eventually sell the babies but it will be harder if I don’t understand the genetics.

Also, are there more than one line of BEA (RDR, non-RDR)? If so, are they compatible and are there any visual difference? Do they react differently in combos?

This is the litter, post shed.

This is the only pic I have of the sire. He is not the big hypo taking up most of the photo, but rather the little Anery/Ghost guy underneath her.

I don’t have a photo of the dam but she is a dark Anery with jet black eyes.

Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S. - I considered the possibility that Black-Eyed Anerys are born with lighter eyes that darken with age, but based on the photos I’ve found of BEA babies, that doesn’t seem to be the case.

2 Likes

Lots of hidden anerys out there. Both might have been het anery (not just bea) or if they are all female its a partho litter.

2 Likes