Any ways to make cresties eat more?

At least the one constant everyone agrees on is do not over heat them.

4 Likes

I use heat mat and radiator as I have several to heat. Plus I’ve had geckos for years (before internet) & we didn’t know any better back then so instead of kiting them all individually I used what I had.

They r not to go above 29c, but I have found they prefer (thrive) at about 25c. I like to do a little dip before breeding season but they shouldn’t go as low as 15c regularly

The decision is ultimately yours. But if I had just 1 or 2 geckos I’d probably use the exo terra canopy top thing. But it does get cold here. It didn’t exist when I was hunting for heat, only fed lights which I didn’t want

3 Likes

I believe it is just a little sprinkle & not to use constantly.

As long as the ingredients are similar to reptile safe ones and it’s natural ingredients then I don’t see Amazon one being an issue.

I will probably look there myself as I plan to make my own mix of food at some point

3 Likes

There are a couple websites that sell bee pollen marketed towards reptiles but honestly, I would imagine they’re just portioning and repackaging a human-directed brand? It seems like a relatively niche food amendment. I bought mine on Amazon as well.

I am not very precise with my measurements so the amount I add tends to vary. When I was making food for everyone this Friday I think I did ~1/8th tsp bee pollen to 4tsp pangea. They get bee pollen in the mix once a week usually.

4 Likes

Yes absolutely agreed! :blush:

2 Likes

In the reviews people said it worked well for crested geckos. Also, I read the ingredients and on the bag itself it said that it was pure 100% natural organic bee pollen. So I’m good there :grinning:

4 Likes

I used my wall feeder for the first time last night, with a little bit of banana cream pie mixed in with the food. He apparently could smell it, because I saw him there quite soon :blush: This morning he has eaten about double or triple as much as usual (the whole top half)! :lizard: Now I’ll have to make sure he doesn’t get too fat :joy: Thank you all for your help!

4 Likes

Congrats, glad to hear it. Hopefully it crestie keeps it up :crossed_fingers:

Wud love an update pic when ur crestie is fat :grin:

4 Likes

Will do that for you :rofl:

4 Likes

My little crestie is now eating a lot more :+1: I definitely notice that he eats more when there’s bee pollen or banana cream pie mixed in.

He has also started sleeping higher up (I think cause he noticed it’s warmer up there.

If he seems happy I don’t think he should need it, but my gecko definitely likes it better with more heat.
Thank you all for your suggestions and helpful information! I’ll definitely post a pic of him when he’s full size!

4 Likes