Are Puppy Pads A Safe Substitute For Reptile Cage Liners?

Luckily none of my snakes are big enough to manage that. I also keep an eye on them when they eat so them getting their teeth stuck would be something I notice.

2 Likes

@ashleyraeanne , I am currently using three types of very cost effective substrates. Puppy pads in all my large animal and GTP and White Lipped enclosures. Awesome for these animals.

Then I use the paper tub liners but make my own. 1 1000ft roll of paper 15" wide and a cutter. Total of cutter was 49.00. The rolls are anywhere from 17.88 to 40.00 depending on color and weight. 50lb or higher absorbs best. With this I add paper towels and keep awesome temps and humidity.

Finally I use paper pellets on the very small babies and also as moisture patches. 1 small hand full for the patches. A thin layer in the small 8qt skinny tubs.

There has not been trouble for me for years…

5 Likes

UPDATE on the puppy pads: Nod turned his tub over again! :rage:. However, there was no sopping mess! I simply rolled up everything and his enclosure was dry underneath! What a total breeze!

Thank you so very much for this amazing idea!

Caron. :wink::blush::lizard::frog::snake:

5 Likes

So, the day after putting the puppy pads in Polaris has decided to grace me with a fresh poop. It is like she knows I wanted to test them. :thinking: There is no mess and clean up is easy.

5 Likes

For GTPs or something arboreal, it makes sense to me. I’d be more cautious for more terrestrial snakes, personally.

1 Like