Autotags intended? [Watched Words Discussion]

Is there an algorithm that tries to tag posts with optional tags? I have seen mods adjust tags before, but there is always a notice. My recent posts however have had tags i didnt add that made no sense. Such as a “feeding” tag for the snake mites post or an “eggs” tag for the pine hide post.

Is this a feature or is something glitching on my side?

1 Like

I believe I made a post about this issue a while back. Thanks for bringing it back up.

This is a feature that automatically adds the tags after you put the keywords in the text. Notice that the #eggs and #feeding tags are now on the post due to you mentioning the keywords in the text. If you don’t want them you need to check the tags after you finish typing before you post it or check it and make any edits after it’s posted (I’m not sure if the tags show up after it’s typed or after the post is made).

2 Likes

The tags show up once you post it.

2 Likes

Ahh! Makes sense, but easily breakable haha. Probably did the eggs because i mentioned mite eggs, and i must have mentioned some form of food to get feeding. Ah well, ill just keep manually removing them when i notice them to try to keep my posts in the right areas!

Secondary sidenote, what are these checkboxes?

2 Likes

They are solution boxes. They are to show when a solution to an issue or bug that is found. I hope that makes sense. :wink:

2 Likes

Ahh! Basically to help those skimming through to say “this is the answer right here”

2 Likes

Yes! That is right!

1 Like

Yeah this is a new thing I’ve been working with. Sometimes it doesn’t work as intended, like here, but most of the time it does a great job.

We can actually turn this post into a discussion about “Watched Words” and work out the best and worst uses. Feel free to suggest new ones or ones to remove.

Here are the few that autotag…

We also have a few words that auto link and correct (the crossed out are profanities)…

I think “feeding” might be one that needs removing, it rarely catches the right meaning.

3 Likes

Its hard to say what should be removed. Its a good idea in concept, but is bad with context. Perhaps change feeding to “wont feed” as that is the most likely time its going to be relevant :slight_smile:

2 Likes