Azalea laid her eggs!

Azalea laid her eggs, sadly there were 12 slugs but I got 7 of what seem to be fertile but not all of them had very strong veins. Well some good eggs are better than no good eggs now I just have to wait for them to hopefully hatch🙂.

7 Likes

That’s great! I can’t wait to see them once they hatch.

3 Likes

Congratulations! Good eggs are always a win. I’ve definitely had seasons when my girls had many more slugs than bad eggs. It was disheartening, until the good eggs hatched some beautiful babies.

Azalea is a lovely girl, and that’s a good name. I do love azaleas!

3 Likes

Good job Azalea! I also love that name. I often give my snakes floral or nature names.

3 Likes

I have the eggs set at 82 degrees and the humidity in the incubator is currently 76 percent, is this good?

2 Likes

That’s fine, yes. Sounds wonderful, in fact. Do keep an eye on the eggs during the first few days just to make sure they’re happy with the humidity levels in their hatching medium. That’s just what I do anyhow, regardless of what the instruments read.

3 Likes

How can you tell if their “happy”?:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Lol, I guess that was a poor choice of words. Although eggs which are swelling and sweating and turgid from too much humidity, or eggs which are dented and deflated from too little humidity are clearly “unhappy,” right? :rofl:

Don’t mind me. I’m just a wee bit tetched. :crazy_face:

2 Likes