Baby Crestie I.D help

Could anyone help with morphs on these 2 babies. First 3 pics are baby 1, parents are the last pic, next 3 pics are baby 2, parents 7th pic.

4 Likes

It looks like both of the babies are flame.

5 Likes

I agree, they both appear to be flame but seeing as they look so young, they could progress further, esp the second. What age & weight are they?

2 Likes

They are both 3g and we’re born Oct and Nov 2020

Also, at roughly what age do they stop changing? Is there a point where they get their true colours, like corn snakes? I still have lots to learn with crested and leopard geckos

It really is dependant on the Crestie. I got a Crestie a few years back at about 4g that barely changed at all and I have other Cresties that have changed so much! I tend to buy young as I love to watch them grow. It depends on the lineage and the possibilities. I think about 15g is the average most of my Cresties have finished most of they’re transformation. But lots of mine still have growing to do so I can’t be certain that they have finished. Although I believe I noticed a change in them quite early (around 6g) as to roughly what they might turn out like.

3 Likes

Thank u. A friend is having one of them, but I wanted the other one to gain a bit more weight before I put it up for sale, and that I might want to keep it myself anyway!!

I’d Def recommend keeping it for a while then. Cresties can be a little unpredictable. Are you planning on breeding the adult Cresties again? If so you might get even more variety

Yes they’re paired up, but not had anything from them so far. Unfortunately the other egg from each clutch was infertile. I’m hoping for better luck this time round

1 Like

this was them about 4 weeks ago

2 Likes

Anymore images of them now?

1 Like

Only this one as my mate has the other one now

2 Likes

She/he is a little harlequin with Dal spots :blush:
Very cute!
Any fired up? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

No, none fired up, I think it’s shy!!! Lol
When (and if) I can get some fired up, I will post them. Still don’t know whether to keep or sell :confused:

Ah I have some like that, too tame I say :sweat_smile:
Then when I would like fired up pics I have to try everything to get them :sweat_smile:
Any future breeding plans? Does he/she fit in?
The perks of breeding! I struggle letting mine go still. Even when I advertise and someone asks about them I’m always thinking do I want to let go? :woman_facepalming:t2::upside_down_face:

I tend to spray my Cresties enclosures and 10 mins later they usually fire up, or when I clean them out I put them in a humid box and then they fire up really well, usually :upside_down_face:

I wouldn’t be able to comment on morph without it fired up as it looks like it might have some form of tiger markings down the side, but like I said… Would need it to fire up :fire:

1 Like

Not a tiger due to side, but I thought pos extreme, would need to see how far patterning goes up though!

2 Likes

I didn’t think it would be a tiger, it’s just got the tiger like marking on the side so would be awesome to see fired up as to what it is

2 Likes

The parents have laid eggs, so I’m hoping they’re fertile and hatch something good.
I’ll will try to get some pics tonight/tomorrow, hopefully it will play ball and fire up :fire::crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

If you candle and there’s a red cheerio they’re fertile!
It’s ok we all know cresties can be a pain to fire up! Some of mine do it all the time, others never. :joy:

2 Likes