Best PVC brand? Plus drama

Everyone is right on, different cages for different needs and animals. Scaleboxes and Custom Reptile Habitats are 2 other brands that make big enclosures I have not seen anyone mention.

I like AllAmericanCages for my needs, not very customizable but cost effective. They use 1/8 PVC, so cool for smaller stuff but maybe not for larger boas and pythons.

4 Likes

Have you tried reptile basics. I have been looking at them.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried them tho they were recommended to me by Kevin at Nerd. They look awesome, but the sizes on their website seem small. Apparently you can get them to do custom tho?

2 Likes

Thanks for the shout out @t_h_wyman!

My husband, Stephen and I (Ashley), own Focus Cubed Habitats. COVID shutdowns heavily impacted a lot of PVC enclosure builders. Building reptile enclosures isn’t a high-margin industry to begin with and in all honesty, we barely made it out in 2020 with the unavailability of materials, lengthening lead times, and the cost of materials MORE than doubling. We basically paid for people to get our enclosures taking loss upon loss for several months. I’ve mentioned this on a few podcasts, but my crested gecko breeding projects are the only thing that kept the bleeding enclosure business going. We use American-made PVC which is more expensive than a lot of the lower-quality imported PVC. Material quality is tough to show over the Internet, but there is a big difference in surface finish, density, brittleness, and longevity.

Stephen and I just invested in a major shop equipment upgrade last month and are getting our feet under us for our standard 80-hour-a-week sprint cranking out builds. We have a lot of neat things in the works, including lower lead times as we recover from the holiday rush and equipment downtime. There are some great manufacturers out there, and if you want to support what my husband and I are trying to bring to this community you can check us out on pretty much every video and social media platform!

11 Likes

Anytime! My cages from you two are great and the customization you were able to swing was PERFECT!

5 Likes

I think 4x2x2 is the biggest Rep Basics does without going custom, yeah. Cost effective stuff tho, prob the cheapest for that size, which is more than enough for any animal I currently have. (1 Colombian male boa, some dwarf boas, BPs and a Leopard gecko lol)

2 Likes

Focus Cubed Habitats makes some very cool stuff.
I’ve been very happy with my simple but efficient enclosures I’ve gotten from Kages.
Custom Reptile Habitats is another one who does seem to get good use and reviews.

3 Likes