Block Sellers/Stores with Search Filters [DONE] [#283]

Can we get a search filter option to filter out… non-quality breeders/ weekly spam reptiles from unresponsive, oversized, mass producers?
There’s becoming a “garbage” layer to file through when looking through most MorphMarket pages now… Much sadness - Anyone else feel the same, or maybe have a better suggestion?
The new update to unresponsive vendors is good - but doesnt stop repeat spam of those exact same animals

13 Likes

While it seems reasonable when it comes to unresponsiveness, who is to judge non quality breeders, mass producers (what constitute mass producers over 100 animals a year, over 500 animals a year, over 1000 animals a year?) and who will verify that?.

And what do you mean by spam? I have never received Spam from MM only inquiries from buyers and answer from seller that I initiated contact with.

7 Likes

Hi @torrasque, thanks for the input and glad you like the recent work on unresponsiveness.

Yes, this is a fairly highly requested feature which we want to add, but it would look like you being able to filter out a list of breeders you’re not interested in seeing. So it’s not something we’d envision detecting automatically, but would let you customize. Because as @stewart_reptiles mentioned, it’s not really possible to have a global definition for this.

5 Likes

I have not had the same experience at all. I have purchased 3 of my first 5 female BPs off MM and all my interactions with breeders have been good. I had a few unresponsive ones but I just moved on and focused on working with those who did reply. I haven’t ever had anyone “spam” replies about the same animals and bee and over either.

6 Likes

I have been hoping for something like a drop-down similar to the ‘Does Not Include’ option for morphs… Because there is at least one vendor that, when they hit an auto-update cycle, will take up 30+ pages and it is a pain to wade through

7 Likes

I see, so instead of a permanent “block” list you want it on a per-search basis?

So you would only use this feature in the course of refining your search as you saw a bunch of new ads at the beginning? How many vendors would you typically exclude? Just seems like a lot to be configuring on a per-search basis.

1 Like

I just assumed that it would probably code in a similar manner to the drop down for the morphs so I figured it would be easier to implement in that same drop down manner… And then people could use it when/as they saw fit.

For myself, I would probably use it daily simply because I pretty much visually skip over certain vendors as it is. But other people might only feel the need to use it on occasion

2 Likes

Why not use the feature as I proposed then – a permanent filter?

1 Like

:grin::grin:

For me, the permanent option you proposed would be fine. However, I am just one of the many hundreds of MM users and what works for me might not work for someone else so I was trying to think beyond just myself

1 Like

Same. I’ve only had a few unresponsive but everyone else had been responsive, helpful and overall nice.

1 Like

Well when a good portion of your “supply” comes from the outdoors being captured; that’s not “quality” by any means.
I don’t mean MM sending spam mail - I was referring to reptile vendors who refresh their stock twice a week absolutely flooding their wild caught stock over the first 3 pages, snuffing out anything that I might actually be interested in.

2 Likes

Usually just one or two specifically annoying vendors that like to flood the pages with wild caughts and long term captives - where as most people on MM are NOT looking for that kind of “quality” reptile. If they did, they’d just go to said company’s website and order there.

1 Like

shameless bumb - as this needs addressed.

Tagging @John see if he wants to re-address this even though it has already been answered.

2 Likes

Others can add their comment to vote for this feature also but the same users bumping it doesn’t help move it up the list. It’s a known requested feature, and is relatively high (on our very long list).

I concur with the OP.
IMO I feel like everyone knows the BIG players in the industry.
I’m not necessarily talking about large scale breeders, but whole sellers / flippers who post generic pictures of what they have to offer.

3 Likes

Thank for understanding where I’m coming from!
Generic pics are big no, no, too - as people would like to know what exactly they’re buying (esp on a super open platform like MM)

3 Likes

So if enough ppl “like” this post then thats the way of voting for new features?

EVERYONE - LIKE this post so we can show the mods what we WANT, no, NEED added as a new feature!

Just saw this, but I’ve been thinking this week that it would be a really handy feature to have. So have a bump on me.

2 Likes