Breeding question

I’m waiting for one of my other males to shed and will try putting that in with my het albino stubborn male. I also noticed he just went smoke eyed so maybe being close to shedding himself made him not ready. And it is a male. I currently have 2 other males breeding so I’m also hoping that by being in nearby housing may help.

I am not sure what effect being in shed haves on them wanting to breed but it would make sense if that could mess with them.

Anyone know if you should remove a male if he’s in blue to prevent that stressing him out or is it business as usual?

Personally (and I have 0 experience) I’d say if the female was in shed then there is no problem at all, maybe even increase the males interest in her.
But if the male is in shed all it will cause is problems. Imagine being thrown into a sex cage during the time you look the worst and being expected to perform. I feel like stress will only be increased.

And he would have a agenda against you forever, like “You god damn Muppet, you couldn’t have waited two days for me to shed and look all sexy, no, you just had to throw my grey pealing ass in there with that broad didn’t you”

Again I have 0 experience on breeding, that’s just my 2 cents and some fun added on.

7 Likes

@eaglereptiles :joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

“I look HIDEOUS!!!” :joy:

2 Likes

Or maybe your male is actually female

1 Like

@thecrawdfather

My favorite:

6 Likes

It may sound crazy, but put him in a bag and take him for a drive. A trick I learned from a mentor 25 years ago.

3 Likes

works with women dunno about snakes :joy:

2 Likes

It has worked well with snakes too. :laughing:

2 Likes

@osbornereptiles. The drive had nothing to do with it you probably just happened to have some smooth jazz or RnB on the radio :wink:

Just play Kenny G on a speaker in your snake room guys and they’ll go nuts :joy:

1 Like

Are you 100% sure it is a male? I got one from a reputable breeder once that sold it to me as a male, never checked it since this fellow had sexed literally thousands of snakes. Once it got to breeding size and wouldn’t lock I checked him and he was a she.

I gotta clown male that has sired three clutches and I am yet to ever see him lock up…maybe just a quick hitter

@taylormademorphs, i’m not 100% positive, I am going to have it probed to verify, that was something I questioned after I got to thinking about it.

Thats one of those good to have happen “mistakes”…

1 Like

Hit it and quit it, typcial one night stands :rofl:

2 Likes

They all have there own personalities and my clown male does not give two shits about cuddling or four play but he gets the job done EVERYTIME…I got some 4 gene hets going to him this coming season that ARE gonna be AMAZING…cant wait

1 Like

So far its a male, and I’ll just keep introducing him to the albino till end of season. Repeat of last year. I am also putting in a cinnamon male, (which I’ve seen a lock) so no matter what I’ll get hets at least. I’m just breeding the albino to make more for my own hobby as they are one of my favorites. Its a recessive breeding that I’m just enjoying as a project. Maybe he proves out, maybe he doesn’t. Its rewarding no matter what.