Can't complain about that

This Suma Pied was completely welcome yet unexpected from this pairing.
Sumas Pied x Mahogany Black Pastel

16 Likes

Wow, do you think it was a split partho clutch or is the Mahogany Black Pastel also het Pied?

1 Like

It’s tough to say. The dam came from the godfather of Pieds so it is possible the info either wasn’t passed on or wasn’t known. It could also be a fluke. I’ve had at least one oddball a year for the last 4.
Twice an Axanthic from a non het.
Albino Clown
And now this Suma Pied.

4 Likes

So it’s likely from a mutation that somehow the gene was copied or there were two and they were both on the allele. Now I’m curious and I want to know what @chesterhf and @t_h_wyman think this could be caused by.

3 Likes

If the female is het for something and the male isn’t, it could be a partial partho clutch. Or somebody could be mislabeled :joy:

4 Likes

The female coule be a het that was never disclosed, but back then I can’t imagine Pete Kahl would make that mistake. She was very cheap by market standards and this is not her first clutch.

4 Likes

Reminds me of a black matter. Is it possible it’s suma black pastel het pied with a extreme ringer? Amazing clutch by the way Brandon absolute scorcher!

1 Like

I don’t think so. I haven’t seen a suma with a ringer yet. I do have a Mahogany Mystic Cinny het Pied with a small ringer but I think that’s due to the Cinny.

5 Likes

Neither have I, I was thinking more from the black pastel.

1 Like

I don’t think that pied has BP in it. It should be easier to tell once they shed.

1 Like

Was this the first time the Dam was paired with a pied?

To a visual Pied yes. She was previously paired to a Mahogany het Pied and produced a clutch Of 8 with no Pieds.

3 Likes

Interesting…so either something odd is happening, or she is truly het and producing bad odds I guess. Either way, it is something you weren’t expecting and always a great surprise to have added genes in the mix.

3 Likes

Mistakes can happen even with the largest most well known breeders. :wink:
Someone with the size collection pete has, it is absolutley possible that it got either mismarked or was not disclosed to you. Might have also just been a ph so he felt no need to include it. Crazy things happen.

either way that is a fantastic clutch. congrats!

3 Likes

Post shed pics.

5 Likes

Is there a lighter patch directly behind the head on the pied? Super super nice clutch!

2 Likes

Yes. That leads me to believe it’s Suma rather than Suma Black Pastel.

3 Likes

that’s awesome
saudi arabia fox GIF by Animation Domination High-Def
bro i love the ones with the tip of the tail colored, looks like a dipstick covered in oil lol