Species: Eublepharis macularius - Leopard Gecko

Name of Gene: Clown Project

First produced by whom: Matt Baronak SaSobek Reptiles

Year First Produced: 2012

Genetics Type (Incdom/Codom/Recessive/Polygenic/etc): Polygenic

In complex with other genes?: No/Unknown

Other names/aliases for it?: Clown, Joker Project

Description:

Off shoot of the G Project by selectively breeding G Project, Electric Tangerine, and Bold stripe.

Appearance: What it does/looks like?

Bold stripe pattern with orange/red stripe down the back. Can be a broken pattern some out crosses will have a jungle pattern. Should not be banded

Head: Fairly Normal

Body: Full/ broken bold stripe

Belly: Normal

Tail: Full/ broken bold stripe

Proven Lines: Matt Baronak has bred it to the point of being consistently reproduced to have a consistent result.

Related Genes: N/A

Proven:

Unique: Color and pattern are unique to this line

Problems: None known

History: Per Matt Baronakā€™s SaSobek Reptiles Facebook page

ā€œThe Clown Project started in 2012. It is Line Bred. Basically I took my ā€œG Projectā€ and crossed it to a line of high contrast tangs (Electric line). So itā€™s a line bred project that has A&M Jungle Giant, HQ Red Stripe, Emerine, Albey Tang, Nevies Tang, A&M Tang, Electric Tang with a touch Bold Bandit (in the newer stuff). Mix that all up in a pot and selectively bred for a few different looks and Clown is what you get. Itā€™s a cool project because like the G Project you can line breed for many different looks all out of the same ā€œlineā€ of gecko. Below are some the different geckos that were made and used in the making of the project

Disagreement or Controversy: None Known

References here on the community: Not yet applicable

At least one link to community discussion (ie forums) to demonstrate community acceptance: None yet.

Link to WOBP if one exists: N/A

Links to the wider web: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.698017553566850&type=3

Please attach at least 3 photos you have rights to which you are granting to be used on MorphMarket :

clown3

14 Likes

@welshmorphology needs to see theseā€¦

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum Matt! :smiley: I loved your interviews on the ā€˜Strength in Leosā€™ podcast! If you have the time, weā€™d love it if you wrote an introduction post in the Introductions section- you have had tons of incredible animals and we love to see pics! :eyes:

3 Likes

Mblaney. sure just get a hold of me on one of my social medias (not on here alot) and we can do something, I would love to help out in any way I can

4 Likes

I would love to see this morph on MorphMarket ! So unique in coloration and patterns! I canā€™t wait to get my hands on some of these beauties! :star_struck::lizard::lizard::fire::fire::sparkles::sparkles::boom::boom:

2 Likes