Clutch 2021-15

Second clutch laid today. Black Pastel dh albino pied x mojave pied. Hopefully the male proves het pied. Already paired him to an albino already to prove that too.

8 Likes

Update. Went to check animals tonight to find this female passed away. No obvious reason. I plan on taking her to work tomorrow and doing a necropsy.

1 Like

I’m sorry about your loss. :cry: Hopefully the necropsy identifies what the cause was, do you think it was from egg-binding or a rupture related to laying?

2 Likes

no i don’t believe so… her egg laying went perfect and there was definitely no eggs left.

1 Like

Could that possibly mean that the clutch will be parthenogenesis? I don’t know where it was but I read a report about parthenogenesis clutches where the mom dies after laying.
Possibly @t_h_wyman could correct me if I am wrong.

2 Likes

I haven’t heard of that. I guess I’ll find out in 55 days. She was with a proven male and everything went text book with the process. :woman_shrugging:t2:. I’m taking her to work tomorrow so hopefully I’ll find a reason.

2 Likes

Nothing super obvious on gross exam… there was a hemorrhagic area caudel To the heart. But no masses, tears, or obvious heart damage.

The issue with regard to parthenogenesis and females expiring is when a female that is the result of parthenogenesis is bred, she tends to have serious issues with her clutch and that often leads to her expiring.

An otherwise healthy female randomly expiring after laying a clutch is not an indication of parthenogenesis

4 Likes

They are hatching!

1 Like

One of the biggest surprises this year! Clutch 2021-12 was suppose to be Black Pastel DH Albino Pied x Mojave Pied… This is the female that passed 2 days after laying.

dun dun dun

First head out looked white so I automatically assumed based on the pairing that it was a high white mojo bp pied… man was I wrong!

The new pairing information------ Black Pastel DH Albino Pied x Mojave Pied HET ALBINO!!!

Not what we were expecting obviously. Will post the results when they are all out!

3 Likes

All out!

1 black pastel piebald
2 black pastel mojave piebald
1 black pastel mojave
1 mojave albino ?
1 black pastel albino
1 black pastel mojave albino?

I will take better photos of each after shed. If you have insight on the albinos let me know.

7 Likes

That too baby with the white nose is so precious :grin:

4 Likes

That top right! :heart:

3 Likes

I want better pictures when that one sheds :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Looks similar to pinto pieds! Lots of white, hardly any pattern :blush:

3 Likes

Well everyone shed @lumpy … Let me know if the genes look correct!

Black Pastel Albino Het Piebald

Black Pastel Albino Piebald (I question the Black Pastel

**Black Pastel Mojave Albino Het Piebald - Has small kinking **

Black Pastel Piebald 66% Het Albino

**Mojave Piebald 66% Het Albino ( Anyone see Black Pastel also? **

Black Pastel Mojave Piebald 66% Het Albino

Black Pastel Mojave Het Piebald 66% Het Albino

2 Likes

This one @steelserpents is the cutest thing in my opinion :grin:

1 Like

He is pretty adorable.

1 Like

I love pieds that have white noses

I love low white pieds but sometimes the gens are what i am looking for. My plan is to keep the females though… since the mother passed from unknown reasons I’m worried its congenital so I don’t want to sell that to someone and have what happened to me …

1 Like