Clutch Photos As A Buyer?

When someone completes a purchase of a single animal from an ad with a single image of a whole clutch (one photo representing ~10 animals), and then fills out their end of the review, but the seller does not mark the “animal” as sold to the individual because they’ve still got the rest of the clutch to sell, does the buyer still receive credit toward their buyer rating level even though the seller never confirmed they purchased the animal?

1 Like

My guess would be no, as i dont believe either party can rate the other until the listing is marked as sold, however i cant be sure as i havent bought from a clutch listing and dont know if they operate differently than a normal listing.

@eaglereptiles would definitely be able to help though!

3 Likes

I think you have to mark as sold to them? @eaglereptiles can help ya there though.

But I would highly advise also putting them all up individually. More reviews for you then, and you can give them out also :black_heart:

2 Likes

I’m mainly asking from the perspective of a buyer in this situation. But I agree with your perspective as a seller that more verified sales with more positive reviews is always better. Individual photos are always ideal too in my opinion!

3 Likes

Yeah, i think clutch sales are mainly a money saving technique for those whom cant afford the next membership tier up to allow more listings. The benefit is you save money by limiting the number of listings needed. The downside is you deprive yourself and your buyers of desperately needed ratings and in the long run will receive far more can kicking messages, as alot of times im sure they will want a specific animal out of the bunch that may have already sold, and even if you modify the description, not everyone reads haha.

All "you"s in here being general terms. Again, im not intimately familiar, so this is all speculation on my part, not concrete truths.

2 Likes

If a Seller chooses to run the same ads indefinitely and sell multiple animals through it, which is allowed but is not the normal use case, then unfortunately is that our system is only set up to allow one user to leave one rating per ad.

However, you can always ask the seller to create a ad for the specific animal you purchased and then have them mark that as sold.

This is slightly related, but buyers can also initiate the rating process by using the “Rate This” option found in the Actions menu of the inquiry. You don’t need to wait for a seller to mark it as sold.

6 Likes

This sounds like a perfect work around given the situation! Thank you :blush:

3 Likes

If it makes you feel better, I did this with a buyer just the other day. So some sellers are willing to do it, others might not. I also like to look at the ad when it’s a clutch photo and see if the seller lists how many snakes are actually for sale. I only noticed it by chance awhile back, but it’s definitely helpful to know now!

1 Like