Crested gecko breeding help

Have a question and need help, I have a female mature cresty I tried breeding her last year and didn’t see any locks but she winded up laying infertile eggs, now I just went to get her out and she’s definitely full of eggs. Do y’all think there most likely infertile? And when should I put the male in with her? Thank you guys any help is so appreciated

If she’s been laying infertile then they’re most likely infertile also.
What’s her weight?

I personally add the female to the males enclosure, as then the males scent doesn’t stay in with her.

1 Like

She’s around 45-50 grams

1 Like

Is it a good time to pair her after she lays these infertile eggs

1 Like

Oh perfect then!

Yeah wait until she lays, then I typically add females in for 3 days and then remove, then see if next eggs are fertile :blush:

1 Like

Okay awesome will do, thank you so much for responding and helping me out because I’m very appreciative

2 Likes

No worries!
Anything else just ask!

1 Like

After she lays these infertiles how long after that should I pair her with the male

Once laid, I’d say give her a couple days to recuperate, check weight again and then you’re fine to pair :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Seems like they’d be infertile. Yes a few days rest will do her good. I’d suggest checking her weight before pairing also.

I use a separate enclosure to put male & female in.