Crested gecko likes it hot!

According to my temp sensor when it is close to the heat lamp it gets around 85 degrees and cooler side around 69. I see my crestie hanging out right below the heat lamp a lot is this normal… or ok? Will he move if he gets to hot?

Not sure if you still want a reply, but I’m new to sure so thought I’d comment just incase…

I wouldn’t let it get hotter than 85 farenheit. What is the humidity like? How long have you owned your Crestie and is it still doing it? Do you have any pictures of your Crestie and it’s enclosure? It’s hard to comment without this information.

2 Likes

I have had him about 2 months. But he is a 55 gram adult…humidity stays around 70 with 2x a day 90% spikes with spraying and drys out during the day down to 60. I havnt seen him do it since because I got him a taller cage he was in a 20T but now I got the tall curved tank from pets mart. And the branches I have stay about 12in. From the light.It has a back grown that he can climb if he did want to be by the light but he look most comfy on the branch about middle of the cage or in the fake plants

2 Likes

Sounds like he has settled into his bigger home :grin:

2 Likes