Crested Gecko Morph / Trait Guide

Funny enough today is pic update day! Everyone is growing and they all have little pot bellies from last nights crickets :joy:

4 Likes

I love chunky little geckos :rofl:

3 Likes

Chunky geckos :star_struck:

Any pics anyone wants to share?

There are a still some with no pic and I’d also like to show different geckos of the same morph to show that they can be the same morph but look different.

2 Likes

You’re more than welcome to go through my portfolio and take any pics you need. And if you need anything else let me know, you know who I have :blush:

3 Likes

Hi, what morphs are you looking for?, I’d love to use some of mine as examples. Would you want them on a cork bark, or in hand, or on a particular colour background? At the moment I have around 30 hatchlings, along with breeders and grow ons also.

3 Likes

So I’m ideally looking for the following, if anyone has any, just message it to me and I can add. Credit will be given. It must be your pic of your gecko:

Patternless
Tiger
Extreme harlequin
Pin dash
Super stripe
Dalmation
Confetti
Tricolour
White wall
Crowned
Floppy crests
Axanthic

More Pics of other morphs are welcome as I’d like several pics of each :grin:

@ghoulishcresties I will go through your pics (might not be for a few days or so)

I’d ideally like pics that show off the certain trait but doesn’t matter if they are held or on a display, just as long as it’s good quality… what ever you are happy having your name too.

3 Likes

I’ve got extreme (Haise)
Tricolours (Kaneki, KJ, Crackers etc)
Dalmation/supers (Barb, Pongo) (you already have Big Mama I think)
Superstripe (Corpse)
Pin dashed, young also.
Possibly others. They’re shedding :blush:

Think you’ve got all the rest of mine haha x

3 Likes

I have a great example for Crowned, and floppy crests!! Also a great patternless, and plenty of dalmations/Super dals. I have tigers, but they aren’t clean, they have dal spots.
Unfortunately I parted with my tri colours, and lavenders so wouldn’t be able to share those. How would I message you with these photos?, thankyou :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Tap on her user name, and then press message. And you’re all set :grin:. This is for @rich133

2 Likes

Can just post on here too, she won’t mind I’m sure :blush:

1 Like

As @lumpy said. Send me a PM or I can send you one of its easier? If you still want to send me the Tiger pics I can still add them as long as the Dal spots don’t hide the Tiger pattern.

2 Likes

Or I could start a group chat with both of you then leave the conversation lol :rofl:😶‍🌫

3 Likes

Stay hidden… :wink::joy:

3 Likes

Somehow I hide that I’m actually in the conversation 😶‍🌫️

3 Likes

I sense a Lumpy lurking… :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Here is a Dalmatian.

I love this post!
I am curious about the pink line from Fringe. Are they an official color yet?

Well done!

2 Likes

Several breeders have named types of Cresties if they were the first to discover it and prove it out. I think the pink line & true pink from fringe morph is amazing, but unless it has the lineage from the original Cresties then you wouldn’t be able to use that morph name.

Unlike if you produced a harlequin, it doesn’t matter on lineage, it’s still a harlequin.

So morphs/traits are tricky. I’ve only done a basic guide that I hope to one day add every morph into. There are people out there that are trying to compile a list of what is in fact a morph/trait! We may be wrong about a lot of well known traits.

But pink Cresties do exist, so I guess pink can be an official colour trait!

Lovely dalmation, I can add it to the guide later in the week.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I’ve added some new pics @ghoulishcresties how could i not add in your new addition! Plus added Pongo (think I’ve got the name right).

If anyone would like me to add a morph/trait or pics of your crestie, just let me know.

I’m still looking for the following pics also:
Tiger
Extreme harlequin
Pin dash
Super stripe
Confetti
White wall
Crowned
Axanthic

3 Likes

Awh Thankyou! :heart:

Feel free to take any other images. Babies and all :blush: