Cubaris sp. "White Pidgeon" Care?

Does anybody have any experience with these? I am wanting to get some but want advise on care first. I am getting a large group of them, but want to keep them alive and breeding the best I can. Do you keep them like Cubaris sp. “Rubber Ducky”? @hellfire_exotics do you keep these? Thanks!

2 Likes

I would keep them in a 16 qt tub with multiple environments. Using multiple substrate types, cork bark, leaf litter, dry, moist, wet, etc. I would also provide limestone and cuttlebone. You should be able to figure out where they spend most of their time and set the rest of the tub to be like that.

5 Likes

This is some info I found, the first screenshot is from smug bug and the second is from reddit.

3 Likes

Hey, I would suggest keeping them slightly less damp than rubber ducky. Still keeping the wet to dry gradient. Other than that they are fairly average to keep with success. I notice they do like rotting wood more. As far as im aware they were found in/near a cave.

4 Likes

Thanks for the help @hellfire_exotics! Would you keep them maybe like Cubaris murina? How would you compare the breeding speeds? Brood size? Once again, thanks for all the info!

2 Likes

Breeding speed is fairly decent. Faster than a ducky for sure but not as fast as silver ghost/panda king. Brood size from what I can tell seem fairly normal. Once you get ‘em going they do very well and “boom”.

Keeping them like murina would be a good start. You can adjust as needed from there.

4 Likes

Sounds good! I am getting a 50ct. from Isopodapet.com so I should be able to observe where they like to hang out and tailor them from there. Thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes