Day 66 and counting

9 Likes

There’s a happy little pile of pretty babies! Is there Red Factor involved? One with saddles seems to have extra pink going on.

1 Like

Not to my knowledge. Both parents look like mom. I am excited but nervous! First time hatching corns. Looking forward to their first shed and meals. I already selected my hold back. Posted below. A little female…I had 5 females and 1 male.

6 Likes

Totally adorable. I know you’re in love!

2 Likes

Second batch due to hatch any day now. Don’t remember if they were laid on June 7th or 14th :joy:

So they are either on day 66 or 59.

My log book. Got used by my 5 year old for airplane paper. Lol

3 Likes

Gotta love kids! At least you have a general idea how long. Here’s to hoping you have just as good of luck this time as you did with the first batch!

3 Likes

I lost some records in a similar way once. Kids are great. :laughing:

2 Likes

I guess I used up all my luck on the first clutch. Ended up with 1 palmetto. 13 POS hets.

1 Like

Wow, those are quite the unusual odds!

2 Likes

Indeed. I was at 30% on first clutch. 8% on this one.

2 Likes

Dang, I’m sorry you didn’t hit high numbers of your target again. I’ve had an odd year percentage-wise myself. Totally missed seeing either of two hets I know are present in one clutch. Got a much higher percentage of multiple hets in another clutch than standard predictions. Which of course is why they’re odds, not rules :upside_down_face:

The science person in me is wondering about percentages for your season as a whole. Not sure exactly how many individuals you had hatch in your second clutch, but I’m guessing that if you combine the two and do that percentage, you’ll be near the fabled 25%. Yes?

1 Like

Exactly 25%

Exactly 25%

Strange.

5 Likes

Lol that’s kind of a hilarious pic.

4 Likes

I agree with @caryl, seems the pos hets are like, “that one has cooties!” :joy:

3 Likes

Poor little lonely palmetto, being shunned for being different. They really are just like people. :joy:

2 Likes