'Death in a Cupcake'

@t_h_wyman Thank you for your suggestions! Yes that’s a great way to turn things around and educate people! Turn fear and apprehension into oh man what a cool snake can I touch it or hold it?

I suppose I had the mindset about snakes until I worked at the vet clinic. I was fortunate enough to be able to handle some of the “patients”. Dr Clarke taught me a lot while I was there.

@caryl Yes I agree that teaching people to understand is a great pathway to appreciating as well as respecting without fear.

I think it’s great that you had a corn snake in your classroom! How wonderful for your students!

:lizard::frog::snake::blush::wink:

4 Likes

@t_h_wyman [quote=“t_h_wyman, post:19, topic:35108”]
<Stick my hand in one of the bags, scream, fall down convulsing, lay still for a minute, jump up and say> “BOO! Just kidding”
[/quote]
I love it​:joy::rofl::joy:
Do you really do this, to this extreme?
I take some of my ball pythons to a k4 preschool class at me kids school each year. I would love to do this, but at this age I think it will terrify them. It is great to see their reactions when I take them out. The ones that want nothing to do with them, end up touching and holding them, when they see the others doing it. Many go home and tell their parents they want a snake. I am sure most of their parents hate me. :rofl:

4 Likes

I have only done it twice and it was very much context and age dependent. I am usually evaluating my audience from the minute I arrive and I can usually tell if the joke will go over well or not. Most often, the answer is ‘not’

5 Likes

I was thinking of adding it if I hade an older audience. I actually like this idea. But yea, you are correct. It is definitely age dependent.

4 Likes

@d_y_python Yep I am sure you are on the parents naughty list! Lol! :frog::lizard::snake:

4 Likes

Guess I am getting coal this year :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

@t_h_wyman heart attacks waiting to happen! What were you like as a kid???... Hhhmmmm!

Lol!:joy:

4 Likes

@d_y_python With heating prices coal might not be a bad idea!……. :upside_down_face::rofl:

4 Likes

Lol, lol, lol :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::+1:

3 Likes

Beautiful enclosure @t_h_wyman and I loved the rafting story :rofl::rofl: Gorgeous scrubs also.

I try to educate those who come over and have never been around snakes and have an interest in seeing them.

Dawn was very apprehensive when her and I first got together. It wasn’t too long after that she was able to hold them without being fearful of a bite.
Now , tonight for example, I found her in the snake room cleaning tubs from the rack all by herself. Even this past weekend she was getting her grandsons involved with holding a few. I love to see the boys faces light up with joy and not being afraid. I am so proud of her for passing on the passion to the next generation.

5 Likes

That’s wonderful Gary! A little education and understanding and voila! :lizard::frog::snake:

2 Likes

Shorter

:crazy_face:

3 Likes

lol! You are a hoot!

2 Likes