DNA question

All of these are from what was supposed to be an albino male and a normal female.

2 Likes

Pretty sure your snows are Blizzards and you were correct in your Charcoal IDs, beautiful little ones!

2 Likes

Iā€™m no expert by any means but the albinos seem to have something besides just albino going on with them. The red is pretty intense and the patterns have something else going on too.

2 Likes

I see normal Amels, Blizzards and Charcoals. All very pretty babies! I donā€™t see any pattern variations outside the usual differences of individual variation. The Amelsā€™ red is bright but doesnā€™t seem unusually so in this light. Try getting pics in natural, indirect light. Outdoors or by a window in an overcast day is perfect.

Itā€™s not at all surprising that your female was het Amel since that trait is really, really widely distributed. Itā€™s more surpassing that both parents happened to be het Charcoal, which is much less common. What a fun surprise! Congrats again.

2 Likes

I had the luckiest day ever today. I live in central Florida so was out in the back yard this evening picking stuff up getting ready for the storm tonight and was walking along when i spotted my blizzard baby that got out of her tub over a month ago. I picked her up and i think she was happy to see me because she was a little cold and looks like she may have found a little bit to eat out on her own, but not very much. She curled right up in my hand and enjoyed herself a little body heat on the way back to her tub that now has a locking lid lol. Tomorrow she will enjoy a freshly warmed up pinky that i bet she will eat like itā€™s the best meal she ever had.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! Iā€™m so glad you were able to find it.

2 Likes

Just in the nick of time, from the news footage I have seen! Be safe!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s an AMAZING find! Congratulations on finding your stray baby. I hope you and yours made it safely through the storm.

1 Like

Hurricanes are just a reason to close everything and get together and drink unless you live on the coast where it makes landfall lol.
This baby and 5 more had been missing a little over a month now because my tubs didnā€™t have locking lids. They all do now though. I couldnā€™t believe my eyes when i saw her on the ground and she didnā€™t even try to get away. She ate like she would starve to death in 10 minutes if she didnā€™t eat today. Sheā€™s happy to be back in her tub.

1 Like