Expected but unexpected Clutch

This girl has been giving me the run around for a year. I started pairing her last year. I stopped pairing her about 2 months ago because I though she was never going to get Gravid. She shed back last month recorded it just in case, but after the 20th of Oct came and went, I gave up, plus with loosing my Northern, I hadn’t been in the spirit to pair anyone else and I was going to take a few months off. But She had other ideas.

18 Likes

10 Likes

Never on our schedule lol. Congrats!!! Love her paradoxing

5 Likes

Thank you! Kinda hoping to see if she might produce any pinstripes, weirder things have happened. Lol

5 Likes

UPDATE
Final baby came out this morning. Not the odds I wanted but they are still nice looking. Hard to tell which of them could be tigers though. Father is a Jolliff Tiger pied.

8 Likes

Conferring with another breeder who has worked with the gene for over a decade. He believes they are all tiger. Any thoughts?

4 Likes

I think number 1 and number 4 are Tiger, hard to say for sure on Number 2&3.
And I think both the Bamboo’s have Tiger as well.
Those Bamboo’s are gorgeous Switch, really stunning animals.

6 Likes

Thank you! I’m keeping Nat5 for sure. I agree with your assessment. I’m excited to see how they look after they shed.

4 Likes

What a great gift after everything you had been through… I admire your perseverance!! They sure are GORGEOUS!!

4 Likes

Me too! Post some pics once they shed :).

2 Likes

Thank you! Definitely getting the fire back.

4 Likes

Absolutely! They are already getting blue, so hopefully in the week we will get to see their true colours!

4 Likes

NAt 1 with a shed today.

3 Likes

Yea I’m pretty confident that’s a Tiger.

3 Likes

NAt 2 shed this morning. Sorta looking tiger to me.

5 Likes

NAt3. I love that they are all going in order. Another one where I can’t tell if it’s tiger. Not super reduced but I also have to consider what Het pied might be doing.

4 Likes

2 might be a Tiger, that’s hard to call.
I think 3 is a normal, and I agree it’s hard to really tell with the Het Pied being in there.
The more I look at Het Pieds, the more I think it’s incomplete dominant than recessive.

3 Likes

Yeah I agree with you there! I’m still finding these animals to be stunning! I think I’m gonna go with 1 and 2 being tiger.

2 Likes

Number 2 definitely looks closer to a Tiger than Number 3 does. Tiger is such a subtle gene to see sometimes it can make it difficult to ID.
Overall another nice clutch Switch, like your Mojave YB Tigers from last year.

3 Likes

Number 4 out! I’d say this one is definitely a tiger. Also Royals, as much as I’d love to take credit for the Mojave YB Tigers last year, that was @unkn0vvn1221 with those gorgeous babies. I had just super tiger albinos last year.

2 Likes