Expert opinion please

Hi. I see this BP on craigslist and it looks to good to be true. Could someone with an expert eye verify the possible morph?

They say it is a Pastel Banana Clown, but I can not find any with this coloration on MM.

2 Likes

it banana clown. can’t tell if it is pastel or not based on those photos. I would be leary though of anyone selling a banana clown on craigslist.

2 Likes

It definitely looks like a banana clown at a minimum, they lose the super bright pigmentation as they age and look more muted

1 Like

They say it is only 4 months old.

Also I’m being cautious because they are selling it less then even the lowest banana clown.

Why would you be leary about someone selling a banana clown on craigslist?

How much are they asking for it? I’m guess it’s a male? I’d definitely be very cautious and suspicious of what seem like good craigslist finds

2 Likes

They have a local phone number under the reply button. They are asking $500 for the BP and enclosure. Said they dont have the time and cant afford to take care of him.

First off they are asking $500 for a banana clown and setup… big red flag. The animal alone should be around $700 and why would someone buy a banana clown have it for maybe a month or two then sell for $200 less than what they paid for just the animal. Something is wrong with the whole story.

1 Like

That is why I decided to ask on here first. I was thinking the same. To good to be true. I might still inquire and text them for more pics

1 Like

If they can meet in person and bring the animal to a safe meeting point, then it may just be a person trying to get rid of an animal. You would need someone with you as well as the ability to see if the animal has anything wrong with it.

7 Likes

Depends on where you are. I’m right off of Camp Lajuene and regularly see stuff well below market price due to PCS or extended deployment.

Ask to see pics in natural light ie outdoors, meet in public with high traffic, take someone with you, and if at any point something doesn’t add up walk away.

1 Like

Given that a lot of people have lost jobs and are experiencing financial difficulty, it is possible that this snake is what they say it is and they just really need the money quickly. Selling a higher value snake takes some time and their circumstances may have changed recently so that they now need to sell it

3 Likes

Yeah. I normally do all that, plus carry concealed. I never trust anyone I first meet. I’ve been lucky around here in central Florida with craigslist. Got 2 used Exo Terra enclosures for dirt cheap, no issues. $50 for a 36x18x12, and $40 for a 36x18x18.

1 Like

Wasn’t sure where you were so left that out. I open carry, had one instances where they messaged they were in the parking lot I get out and drop my tailgate and before I’m fully seated they suddenly got a flat tire…

Also don’t forget gloves, mite spray, sanitizer, and probe kit.

1 Like

I texted them, so far they said $400 for the BP, $500 with enclosure. Asking for more pics, seeing if there is any issues, and paperwork.

2 Likes

Said he got the BP from someone he knew from work that breeds them.

Yes it is a Pastel Banana Clown.

Here are some outside pics

2 Likes

Looks a lot better in the sunlight, and @gov_balls they don’t need to probe the animal there, or even really sex it tbh. If it is a banana it is almost always male. No need to stress it that much. If they haven’t probed before then they shouldn’t do it without someone showing them how in person.

2 Likes