Female aggressive with Males

You’re probably right, and its just an extremely cantankerous female, but you never know! Have you considered that it’s a lesbian? :rofl: I’m stumped for ideas, other than putting it to a female to be certain

2 Likes

One thing to keep in mind just because a female is sexually mature does not guarantee you will ever get a clutch from her.

1 Like

Yes, but you still might see copulation or courting behavior

Males can and will “lock” with other males.

Will females lock with females?

Yep, exactly. I think we all tend to forget this. Just because it is a female does not mean they will ever produce a clutch.

@chris633 It is also possible that she is on a different cycle than what is typical for your other females. If she not showing any of the follicle building sign than she may have either already reabsorbed for the season or is too early in the follicle development stage to be showing mating behavior.

2 Likes

I would like to add in Travis’ defence (not because he is a Staff Member but because there is more going on here than this one thread), there is only so far we can hold our tongue when someone is blatantly pushing controversial agendas on to every topic and Staff are receiving messages from other users about their troll like behaviour.

6 Likes

Hilary is/was correct on this statement. I am not on here all day every day. I log in a few times a day while I am at work, during lunch or just to break up the monotony of the day. But I do not log in from home because that is my family time. This is my first time logging in today since my last post yesterday around 2:30ish or so

Allison,

As you state that you are new here you might not be familiar with my personal style. However, if you search through the forum you will see that the way I posted in here is pretty much on par with how I post throughout the boards. I rarely have the time to draft out long, flowing replies. I tend to be terse and to the point and, frankly, blunt. I own that. But I am that way with everybody, this was not some special case of me picking on someone.

Yes, I have a very low tolerance for misinformation. I also have a very low tolerance for those that, when it is pointed out that they have put forward misinformation, opt to double down on it rather than being open to learning/correcting their mistake. In their very first post in this thread, ascended closed their comments with this statement:

Completely ignoring the fact that they had not posted anything evidence-based for their statements.

Being blunt (because, me) this kind of behaviour is straight up Facebook and the goal of this forum is to be very much NOT Facebook. It is a closed mindset and is wholly contradictory to the idea of an open and engaged conversation.

I did not take it as an attack nor did I take it as disrespect. I appreciate your perspective and the time you took to post it up.

And yes, we all do make mistakes and deserve to be able to learn from them.

2 Likes

This is totally accurate, Travis is short and to the point with his answers. But he is like this with everyone myself included. Pointing out information that is incorrect should never be looked at like an attack. We are hear to learn from each other. I myself am extremely thankful to have someone with that amount of knowledge Travis has in our community.

4 Likes

You could try swapping enclosures with the male and her… she’d have time by herself to get used to his scent and then return him to his enclosure with her or vise versa. You could also try adding the male’s shed to her enclosure, dampening it slightly to make his smell a bit stronger, she could investigate it as she wanted and then after a few days try introducing the male.

3 Likes

Ah I see. Thank you for letting me know. As previously stated, I’m new and did not know about any previous behavior.

@t_h_wyman
Tone and attitude are very hard to decipher over the internet. It is good to know that you are a bluntly natured person. I look forward to hearing more from you on other posts!

3 Likes

Everyone is off topic. Come on, guys.

8 Likes

I would still try to put another female with her and see what happens. I understand that she has been sexed but it is worth a shot.

1 Like

Can we please discuss the original topic please way off topic here.

5 Likes

Do you know anyone that would be willing to trying and ultrasound the female? Just curious to see where she is at in her follicle developement, or if she has any at all.

4 Likes

Is it possible that she is barren?

1 Like

This is very clever. I hadn’t considered methods to acclimating her to the male’s sent prior to introduction. I may need to try this.

This is something I don’t have access to unfortunately. I don’t know anyone local who uses an ultrasound. I’ve flirted with the idea of maybe getting one, but I just don’t have the collection size/production to justify the cost.

I wonder if this may be the case. I may need to also experiment with pairing her during atypical months to see if I get a better response from her.

1 Like

anything is possible, but it would not explain her not wanting to mate at all. even barren females will continue with normal mating behavior.

1 Like

dang, ok have you tried to palpate for follicles at all? Where are you located?

1 Like