Finally hit a female banana!

I’ll update this post once they all shed but I’m pretty stoked to finally have produced a female banana out a male maker. A friend of mine who’s been breeding the gene the same amount of time I have, has hatched 3 in five years. Pairing was Coral Glow Mojave x Bumblebee. This is clutch 7 of 2021. Expecting 15-16 total this season.

13 Likes

Congratulations! Female bananas are really really useful!

2 Likes

So is that a coral glow spider? :blush:
Or a coral glow bumblebee :thinking:

And congratulations!! :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

And expensive until the last couple seasons lol. I’ve been determined to make one instead of buying so now I can move on and buy a couple more :joy:

It’ll be easier to tell when it shed but I’m thinking either CG Mojave Spider or Bumblebee. CG Spiders have a lot of white on the sides. I can’t see how much white is going to come in exactly but it doesn’t look like much.

2 Likes

I cheated and bought a female maker male that I plan to use this coming season :rofl:

But congrats!! That’s an awesome baby regardless!

4 Likes

Thanks! It has been tempting over the years but this was pretty rewarding. The math doesn’t add up on the money end but hey I’m stubborn. I only had to hatch about 25 banana combos to get this :joy:

2 Likes

I actually think I had hit a female banana from my male maker banana yellowbelly x pastel het vpi axanthic clutch in 2020, but she unfortunately was one of the ones that didn’t make it. Bleh.

1 Like

What a cutie! Congrats!

1 Like

It’s always the nice ones smh. More than a few of the coolest ball pythons I’ve ever hatched ended up MBK food.

Thanks!

1 Like

I will probably have the same luck sadly but hopefully not.

Here she is in her birthday suit!

6 Likes

Very deep purples! I love purple on snakes!

2 Likes

She’s not very nice is she ‘cough cough’…If you want to send her to me, my address is 1…… :joy::crossed_fingers:t2::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Me too! Thats what drew me to retics was giant purple and yellow or white snakes.

I could see how you could think that way :joy:

2 Likes

Honestly she’s bloody beautiful! But you know if you don’t want her… :rofl:

2 Likes