First clutch! Need help

Hello this is my first clutch the pairing was a male black pastel Mojave ghost to a female black pastel. First year breeding for both. I’m having a little with identifying the babies seems like there is some more variation in the genes that I was ready for. But I’m pretty positive one of the snakes in the picture is a black pastel Mojave 100% het ghost but the other one is so different. Please help

5 Likes

You are correct those are black magic, and yes there are variation in mutation as well as their combos even within the same clutch.

2 Likes

I agree, both definitely black magic’s. No 2 ways about it.
Beautiful beautiful snakes, congratulations!

3 Likes

And all these are Mojave?

4 Likes

Yep it appears to be a trio of some beautiful mojave babies! The middle one seems especially dark but that is most likely to just be individual variation.

3 Likes

Yep all mojave in that picture. The top one looks a little different, but could just be the picture.
Nice first clutch for sure.

2 Likes

You got some beutiful healthy looking babies, im happy to know your first clutch hatched well. :blush:

Was wondering if black pastels are known to have “busy belly’s” here’s a baby black pastel het ghost but has a cool belly. The mother black pastel also has a crazy belly. Here’s a pick of the babies belly