First Clutch - Please help Identify - I'm stumped

I don’t have GHI in my collection yet…it’s on my list to get this year. I have a Black Pastel Het Lav female, but with the risk of deformaties, I have decided not to go that route. But I will have between 16 and 22 females ready for breeding next season

1 Like

I have some pictures of soul suckers and hgw and hgw yellowbellys I have hatched in the past. If you would like to see them. Not trying to take over your post with my pictures lol.

1 Like

Yeah of course, please, I would appreciate it. I am a long time snake keeper, but not breeder, so the more info I can gather, the more I learn

3 Likes

I also posted some more pics of the hatchlings, if you need more, just let me know.

3 Likes

Wtf…I almost don’t wanna speak to you, the way I’m jealous!!! Those are some crazy bp’s. Very clean lines and it seems like fading of the pattern from dark to a lighter color, almost like it smudges. Those are super awesome!!!

3 Likes

First one cinnamon hgw second pewter bee 3rd sterling hgw fourth one is hard to tell in picture last leopard hgw pastel? But I admit leopard is definitely not my expertise

2 Likes

If you weren’t a few thousand miles away, I would probably be at your house already

2 Likes

Thank you!!! Soul suckers are one of my favorites and I’m kind partial to the ones I produce lol.

1 Like

Thnks so much. Really appreciate your feedback and input. I am super stoked with my first hatchlings ever.

2 Likes

Hahaha…you ought to be those are really amazing.

No problem! Super nice clutch!!! Your definitely starting out good. Hgw doesn’t get much love but you can do a lot with it! And your sire is very very nice! If it were me I would try and find him some blackhead girl friends.

1 Like

Yeah it’s something I have realized, I personally think it is a very underrated Morph.
Thanks so much. There are 2 clutches in the incubator and 3 more to come, as I mated this male to 2 more females…so some surprises waiting for me…

1 Like

Blackhead is actually one of the girls that I am looking for. In South Africa Black Heads are not that readily available, but I know of two breeders who might sell me a female or two

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to watching your journey into breeding. Definitely keep us updated with the future clutches.

2 Likes

What are your other two pairings? If really like to see more of this guy’s offspring. For sure post some pictures of those clutches!

2 Likes

Thanks, yeah I definately will, all of you guys are helping me so much. I will have to keep you guys updated as you will have to help with id otherwise I have to prove all my hatchlings out LOL

1 Like

The other pairings are:
Butter and Yellow Belly
Those two females are huge, so if all goes well I should get a decent amount of eggs. The Butter should lay in about 7 days and the Yellow Belly in 11 days.
I will definately post pics of his babies, can’t wait.
It was such a huge learning curve this breeding season thus far.

3 Likes

Nice!!! You should have some soul suckers with the butter and man your male with yellowbelly tossed on top!!! :fuelpump: :fire:. You for sure have to share pictures of those!!! You got me excited lol! Keep up the good work!!!

2 Likes

Now you have me excited…I just barely survived the 60 days that this first clutch made me wait…I was a wreck man. Thanks so much, I did research for a long time before starting to breed, now I am so hooked it’s crazy!!! I will post those pics as soon as they hatch!!!

2 Likes