Fish Categories [1188] [Done]

I really think having separate categories and a separate forums thread would make it possible.

2 Likes

The only aquatics that are currently on the marketplace are the ones that fit in other categories (for example axolotls go in amphibians and most other aquatics fall under inverts). I could see how this would work and I’m open to the idea except it would take a lot of work and time to do if it was decided to be used. I’ve also considered setting up a few fish tanks and the only forums I’ve looked at aren’t friendly at all. So, if there was a good way where there could be two seperate forums that could be together if you wanted but only if you wanted I like the idea, but it sounds very difficult to do.

2 Likes

I’m sure it wouldn’t be easy but possible. I don’t know why so many fish forums get on people so much. It’s kinda like some people are against snake racks and think it unethical vs Bettas should not be put in a gallon of water topics. I’ve breed Bettas and having 5 gallons of water per fish when breeding 100’s isn’t reasonable. We should all be here to help not criticize and get nasty with each other. Offer help but no needs to put people down. If you have any questions about setting up tanks feel free to message me or email.
critteraddiction@yahoo.com.

2 Likes

The problem I had with most forums is that the moderators were terrible. It seemed to turn into an argument on who was right rather than learning from it. I was banned from one forum I joined after asking the moderator about the lacey act and then being told that he doesn’t care about my opinion and I couldn’t possibly know as much as him about it. So I think having forums on MorphMarket would be nice if it could be figured out how to keep them seperate. Thank you, if I decide to set up an aquarium I’ll message you, thank you! Maybe it would be possible to have “macro categories” on here, one for fish and one for reptiles. If you want to see one you just block the other one in your setting. But it wouldn’t change anything about the layout and it would be for fish too.

1 Like

So this is my personal view… but the decision is not mine to make. Sorry, im not picking on you @ghoulishcresties but you made a lot of points iwanted to hit.

Hmmm nice idea :wink: dog and cats have morphs. Infact a good few morphs are named after mamals :sweat_smile:

But really, fish isn’t that far of a reach.

But the issue is with the sites, not the breeders. These sites have very little, to no, way of filtering (pun intended) the good from the bad. As a fish guy, I genuinely think the aquarium world NEEDS a MorphMarket… more than could be measured. Its a mess to say the least.

But you will only see fish if you go to the fish category or search by “all latest”.
On the forum you can use the bell icon to mute any categories you dont want to see.
SmartSelect_20220303-123239_Chrome

It would be as simple as creating a new “Fish~” category on the market… its a lot of work, yes. Not necessarily difficult though.

You can always ask on here in the general discussion categories. There are a few aquageezers on here.

bruce almighty fire GIF
Let me introduce @lumpy , the nicest mod to walk the internet.

5 Likes

I like the idea. If fish had its own category on the Marketplace and forums I think it would be beneficial. It likely would be reasonable sometime since it wouldn’t take an outrageous amount of time. I think the other thing is that there would need to be an additional subcategory for aquariums under inverts since most people aren’t going to want shrimp and snails under the inverts category.

3 Likes

Ugh stop picking on me Thomas :sob:

Haha, no I do get you.

I’ve had fish, alsorts too.
Just a bit sick of them now, though Koi would be interesting :thinking:

Catfish I love so will accept that too! Haha :laughing:

3 Likes

My favorite fish fourm is the C.A.R.E fourm by aquarium co-op I used to be really active on there when I used to keep discus before I had a illness break out from a bad seller a couple months ago

2 Likes

I mean, we have already added categories for inverts, and those are further away from reptiles/amphibians than what fish are. To me it really isn’t a stretch to add fish given they are also considered an exotic pet, and most have scales too so why not? Adding non-exotics or mammals however is a stretch, and I doubt anyone wants that given there are hundreds of shelters you can go to and get a cat/dog. The only mammal section I could even see being added would be for feeders. It would be pointless though since there are plenty of places to get feeders. Meanwhile, the only place I know of to look at fancy assortments of betta fish is Ebay…and I personally don’t wanna buy fish off ebay.

5 Likes

You can get some amazing betta online or from shops, they’ll order in. We’ve had alsorts of high end ones.
Defo a lush fish to have, so you keep I assume? :blush:

1 Like

The shops we have around here keep their betta in…less than good conditions. They also usually only have the veiltail and crowntail types. I used to keep the long tailed bettas but got into plakat bettas and haven’t looked back since. The plakat betta are just so much more active since they don’t have to carry around heavy long fins. I haven’t kept any in around 4 years now, but I want to get back into bettas with a female community tank sometime in the future. Unfortunately females are hard to find, especially nice looking plakat females. Maybe someday I will try a naturalistic 100 gallon tank with male and female bettas and tons of plants so they leave each other alone.

A fish section on MM would make finding bettas from good breeders nearby a lot easier for that kinda project.

2 Likes

Oh my goodness, I just saw this! Thank you @eaglereptiles. :blush:

4 Likes

I’ve personally had good experiences with a place online called aqua Huna they are in Washington but they ship and you can pick your exact betta

1 Like

i was just looking through this and i thought i say this since it is bothering me but some fish can have morphs and they even sell bugs which dont have a lot of mutations or morphs.
bettas have morphs and mutations

1 Like

I don’t know if you watched Darien’s appearance on MJs podcast, but fish are in the pipeline… in fact, let’s get some sort of a start made on this with some trait lists …

#morphmarket-support:trait-lists

1 Like

My goodness with fish you’re going to be here forever listing them all… :joy:
So. Freaking. Many!! Cold water to Tropical to Salt water…

Also If you’re doing Koi :smirk:

2 Likes

That’s why we have kids :sweat_smile: some people get a bonsai/ring/house left to them, animal peoples descendants will get the Morphpedia :muscle:

2 Likes