Gecko chat:)

lets chat about geckos and what yours get up to.

4 Likes

What geckos do you have? I have leopard geckos & an African fattail. I’m not totally sure how many leos I have, but I think it’s about two dozen.

At the moment two of my girls are driving me nuts. One, Nimbus, is refusing to mate with the male that could produce insanely special offspring, and the other, Binky, is dealing with a mystery malady (never fear- she is under the care of a qualified herp vet).

On the upside, the gecko I won at the charity auction is arriving this Thursday! I’m super stoked!

4 Likes

I keep Crested Geckos. I have 12 so far, most are young Cresties. I have one female that I struggle with, she eats the bare minimum and slowly gaining weight. She is great to hold though… I was hoping to breed her this year but as she isn’t putting on the weight like I expected I may have to wait. She has been fussy since I got her last year. She is the only Crestie I purchased as an adult Crestie, purely so I knew I had a female as I purchased several probable females over the last few years but all turned male and I really want to breed some Cresties.

3 Likes

I have one crestie he/she called Bayleaf but hope to get more gecko in future but

4 Likes

I started off with one gecko years ago…I was soon hooked :grin: they all have different personalities and can look so different in colour and markings etc :star_struck:

3 Likes

Ill get all different species of gecko as i love geckos and their little triats and personally

3 Likes

I stopped keeping and breeding geckos a few years ago, but I still absolutely love them. I had Leos, AFT, Cresties, Gargoyle, Leachie, Madagascar Giant Day and 3 species of Leaf-Tail. I’ve worked with a few more species in the past, such as Pictus and other Paroedura, and cave geckos.

5 Likes

gecko wise, i keep both cresties and leos! (cresties are my favorites, don’t tell the leos!)

two of my cresties, spotify and zero, love to taunt my cats. i actually have to completely cover their tanks whenever i’m not in the room because the geckos almost seem to enjoy being a pain. love them regardless tho!(no geckos were harmed in the process of terrorizing cats :joy:)

4 Likes

Sound like they are little cheeky

3 Likes

How have I only just found this!
Gecko wise I have 3 fat tails, 2 striped amels and 1 whiteout Zulu ‘white socks’ het Oreo, a Male Williamsi(waiting to get him a gf), 2 mournings and 35 Crested Geckos now (that’s including recently hatched too) :blush:

All have their own personalities, got some right dopey ones here, some piggies, and still one boy who runs about like a mad man when I want to say hello :woman_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Is it the Williamsi that runs like crazy when you say hi? For some reason in spite of not being much of a gecko guy I feel like its the Williamsi…

2 Likes

It’s actually not!
William is a chill boy and if we want to we can get him out!
It’s Beast Boy one of my Cresties. Apparently his dad still runs about like a mad man too so he’s got it from his dad. Over 2 and still crazy, don’t think he’ll ever stop :joy:

3 Likes

My Lilly White Crestie is a bit like that. Sometimes he is perfectly chill, then other times he runs like a crazy Crestie :rofl:

1 Like

And then you get them out and they’re like ‘oh, ok this is nice, I’ll sit still now’ :woman_facepalming:t2::joy:

2 Likes

Yep, he is super at having his pic taken too. But if I was to put him on the floor he would run super fast, his been watching my boys too much.
I’m thinking of creating a Crestie race track for him :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Who else is fast? Line them up! :sweat_smile:
You can each choose a Crestie and see who wins! :rofl:

2 Likes

That was my plan, but no other Crestie runs like he does!

He’s such a character

2 Likes

What you have to do is do it like greyhound racing. Put a cricket in front of each one and go! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes