Gene review - Pink Pastel Albino hognose trait needs correction [DONE]

Please fill the below form out to the best of your ability. Answers do not need to be lengthy. If appropriate you may forward this request to someone who is more able to supply the answers.

Current information
Species: Hognose snakes
Name of Gene: Pink Pastel

Genetics Type (Incdom/Codom/Recessive/Polygenic/etc): Recessive
In complex with other genes?:
Other names/aliases for it?: PPA
Description:
Related Genes:
Problems: Any problems?

New information

Species: Hognose snakes
Name of Gene: Pink Pastel Albino

Genetics Type (Incdom/Codom/Recessive/Polygenic/etc): Recessive
In complex with other genes?:
Other names/aliases for it?: PPA
Description:
Related Genes:
Problems: Any problems?
Other History: Any additional history?
Disagreement or Controversy: The PPA or Pink Pastel Albino gene (single visual recessive) is being confused by breeders listing their PPAs as Pink Pastel AND Albino. In other two words they are indicating their snakes are a visual double recessive trait morph. That’s incorrect. The double visual recessive trait is an Electric (Pink Pastel Albino x Albino). All past sales I can see in the hognose section listed as double Pink Pastel and Albino are NOT visual double gene Electrics but single gene Pink Pastel Albinos. Their listings are “Pink Pastel Albino” but when you open them, the traits listed are Pink Pastel AND Albino. 100% incorrect. To my knowledge no Electrics (double visual trait - Pink Pastel Albino x Albino) have ever been offered for sale on Morphmarket yet.
References here on the community:

Other(if something not listed above, please use this section to explain what and why you would like changed): Here is an example of what I’m referring to: https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/reptiles/colubrids/western-hognose/715478

3 Likes