Goal Snakes?

I’ve wanted to answer this thread for the last few days and it’s difficult to even think of a goal snake. With so many options and so much time it’s hard to pinpoint. I’ll let you guys know when I make it :joy:

2 Likes

Its a few years away for me, but I’m working towards a Mahogany Lesser x Bongo Butter YB breeding. There should be some interesting combos in there somewhere. :wink:

1 Like

I hit a goal snake the other day without even knowing it would be a goal snake.

Best guess so far is leopard pinstripe vanilla cream. It’s so cool looking and I thought the female was only a pinstripe possible fire. There are none listed on morphmarket.

She proved vanilla pin and I hit this in a 4 egg clutch. Also hit a fire leopard, leopard vanilla cream, and a dragonfly

13 Likes

@akmorphs That’s one awesome goal, I’ll keep an eye out for that. I’m pretty sure I follow you on twitter and you’re pretty close to me geographically as well. That would be amazing.

I’ve also been thinking recently about other recessives I want to to breed. I’m a huge fan of ultramel and DG, and I have OG in my collection already. Maybe I’ll have to look into some ultramel or DG combos. Still looking into hypos as well

1 Like

It might not be me if it’s from twitter. I’m only on instagram.

I’m hoping to have a visual monsoon by next year and see where I can take the project.

2 Likes

Yep, totally meant Instagram, just mistyped. Not sure why. I’ll definitely keep an eye out.

1 Like

My goal is to hit pastel scaleless axanthic pied

4 Likes

I don’t breed (yet?) but for my next snake I would like to have a banana (mojave or pastel preferably) ball python

One I recently added to my goal list was banana dreamcicles

My short term goal is to hatch what I have in the incubator or on the way. (Bamboo stuff) My more long term goal is to make DG pied, hopefully an orange dream DG pied.

3 Likes

It is ever evolving… I wanted an Albino Woma, so I made that. Then I wanted it in Candino too, so I made that. Next evolution there is to add Acid, might do that next year.

I want a BlkPastel Cypress OD YB. I missed that last year so I am trying again this year (probably going to miss again because 1:128 are long odds LOL) But I did get a pretty wicked BlkPastel Butter Enchi OD.

I want a Candino BlkPastel Cypress Woma. I made the het so I am half way there.

I want an Albino Acid Mojave… She dropped slugs last year, will try her again this coming year

And once I get all these, I will pick the next direction and progress along

5 Likes

Mine is the snake that got me excited about Ball Pythons. Orange Dream Yellowbelly Pied. Hopefully I will hit it this year.

1 Like

Mine are currently banana panda pied, clown black axanthic, and pied black axanthic combos. BTW cool thread!

1 Like

Going to shamelessly attach a thread I made related to this lol.

1 Like

I don’t breed ball pythons, and am looking to breed Hognose snakes more, but if I do end up breeding balls at some point, I’d love to do a Banana OD YB Enchi that doesn’t lose its purples as it grows. If I can do that, then adding pattern genes like spider, monsoon, or bamboo would be amazing!

2 Likes

My goal is the albino clown

2 Likes

I hope to breed in the future haven’t done any yet but I would love to make a banana enchi clown one day. Or banana pinstripe clown. I love the way pinstripe and clown mix

5 Likes

One of my first pairings will be my Orange Dream Leopard pied male x Lesser Fire het pied female. Hoping I can hit a leopard pyro pied and OD pyro pied. But any visual 1-2 gene pied females will be great holdback candidates!

2 Likes

That is a true statement

My dream goal is lavender dreamsicle. Purple is the main target for the 2-5 year plan and if somewhere in the mix I find a purple pied I can die a happy man.

3 Likes