Goals for 2022 Breeding Season

What’s everyone’s goals they are looking to achieve for the 2022 breeding season? Anticipated clutches, equipment upgrades, new snake purchases etc……

1 Like

I want to breed clown pieds, bamboo pieds, and sunset pieds.

2 Likes

Heck yea :metal:t2:. Best of luck

I don’t have anything for ball pythons since I’m just not super interested in them. So instead I’ll share my other reptile plans. I’m planning on getting a high-quality tangerine female leopard gecko. I’m also letting most of my female leopard geckos grow up since they won’t be ready until next year. So this year’s breeding will only be crested gecko and maybe one of my leopard gecko females (who had laying problems last year, I’ll likely wait). I’m going to mainly be putting money into getting a leopard gecko rack, possibly day gecko enclosures, and my first snakes. I’d like to get sand boas and house snakes and I have breeding plans for both (producing stripe snow sand boas and albino house snakes, possibly with another morph). Other than that I’ll be breeding my dart frogs and some inverts.

1 Like

Sounds pretty cool. I’d eventually like to branch out to other reptiles besides ball pythons and my boa but right now I’m just learning all the new things I can and waiting on something else to interest me

1 Like

This will hopefully be my first year breeding. I only have one pair ready albino conda x conda het albino western hognose. My 1.1 het snows won’t be ready until next season. I am also waiting on the arrival of another enclosure so that I can finalize the purchase of a male Merauke blue tongue skink. I have two females that I hope to pair up this fall.

2 Likes

Still a possibility to make some wonderful babies!

1 Like

Yes it is and I am very excited! Been waiting five years for this.

2 Likes

I am currently waiting for my female boa to grow up lol, she is a 2021.

5 Likes

Just have two girlies who are building right now.
I’m pairing my pastel vanilla leopard het clown boy to the pastel bamboo - hoping to hit a super pastel leopard bamboo! Also pairing pinstripe het ultramel to a mystic potion - I want to make some mojave ultramels in the future :grin:

4 Likes

I’m just getting back into reptiles after being away for 30 years so I’m growing juvies now. I plan to breed just for fun for myself. I currently have an enchi male, a banana male, a mojave female, a male butter, a female pastel YB, and a female fire enchi.
My current plan is mojave x butter for BEL’s and the rest is still up in the air although I’m leaning towards banana x fire enchi and enchi x pastel YB. I hope to add a mystic/phantom at some point this year to eventually breed to mojave. I like the idea of building from single and double gene snakes and keeping it simple to make some good looking snakes. I’m definitely still learning and soaking up all I can learn from you experienced folks here for the next couple of years.

2 Likes

I’m excited as well

Glad to hear your back into reptiles. It’s definitely fun getting to make the things your most interested in

1 Like

Mojave ultramels would look really nice

2 Likes

I’ve got some ball pythons that ready to breed this year that I’ve been waiting on to grow up and it’s felt like forever haha but worth the wait

Five years is so long!

1 Like

I’ve witnessed locks between:

Fire Mojave het Pied x Pinstripe Pied
Fire Mojave het Pied x Pastel Pied
Vanilla Mojave x Vanilla Super Mystic
Pastel Clown x Kingpin
Mojave het Candy x Candy
Butter G-Stripe x Pastel G-Stripe
Pastel Disco YB x Pastel Butter Enchi

My colubrids and sand boas should be ready to go next season. :smiley:

3 Likes

Very excited :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

For me, I’ll probably just get a male Aztec boa double het leopard/het Khal albino for my two females I’m raising up. I have a hypo leopard pos het albino and a stunning motley boa 100% het Khal albino.

Other plans are probably adding a female purple albino retic 100% het anthrax to focus in on my purple anthrax project.
I’m just waiting and searching for the right one with more intense purples. Cause that’s what I’m really striving for in this future project.

4 Likes

Something I would have loved the privilege to work with right there!

1 Like