Greetings from NE Connecticut!

Hello all, i have recently decided to try to get into breeding, though im not sure how large of a scale i would like to do. It seems like it would be basic maintenance such as weekly feeding of babies as well as humidity control for eggs, but i have a sneakin suspicion there is alot more to it than that. Fortunately my sunglow female is only a year old, so i likely have a year or 2 to prepare! I was thinking of getting an axanthic granite to breed with her and play the odds, however i have seen mixed reviews considering to get any real morph with that pairing i would need to then breed the offspring to eachother to bring the ressesive morphs back out (theoretically they should be het for everything unless one of the parents were only het, in which case it would be a 50 50 shot. Has anyone tried this pairing before? And if so how did it turn out? Any advice or guidance of where to even start i would be extremely appreciative of! Thank you for having me and look forward to learning from the community!

4 Likes

Not my hand in the picture, but thats my girl. Im thinking i need to increase the size of her food because she seems undersized to me (she is 1 year old apporx 2foot maybe a little over, but thin, about pinky thick) she is an excellent eater so the problem has to be something im doing. Which my guess would be worrying about whether she would be able to handle something bigger.

WelcomeSign

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Mine is a carpet python, but i appreciate the welcome none the less!

1 Like

Welcome and I have to say beautiful snake.

1 Like

Thank you much! Just purchased her future mate (the stars aligned after i made the first post that there was a yearling with the exact combo i wanted for a good price at the same local shop i had gotten her from), will be picking him up in a couple weeks :slight_smile: will still be a year or two, but im excited to see what i can make!

(axanthic het granite)

3 Likes

A quick update to my original introduction since, as i know them, i believe the rules state your introduction is the only place you may post your buisness or any form of solicitation.

Ill keep it simple since im not much of a sales person. Thanks to the help of many of you here, and much advice (even if it isnt always what i wanted to hear), i have recently finally registered an LLC. I have another 2 years minimum before my snakes are breeding age, so nothing will be available right off the rip, but if you guys see Carpets Northeast on IG, FB, or here on MM, that is me. I hope to pick back up with my activity on this forum to help put a face to the name… well… ok, my picture is of my dog Luna, so realistically a name to a name, but hopefully by being an active part of the community i can help build a reputation for my business before my first sale as well as help the community that helped me!

If some of you look at my historical posts, youll find my original plan was to do hybrids between the subspecies, i have since updated that stance, but it bears repeating just to be safe. After a good long talk with Nick Mutton, i have decided to only breed pures so that there is another source of reliable bloodlines in the community.

Anyways, sorry for the long winded update! And see you all around!

4 Likes

So, since i have decided to switch from just breeding Carpet pythons, to breeding ball pythons as well, im not sure if “Carpets Northeast” is a good name for my business anymore (though, it was more of a placeholder anyways).

That being said, I thought i might change it to something a little more humorous. Was thinking of “Veriniums Suspicious Serpents” or “Veriniums Mysterious Morphs”. Essentially the theme of a satiric shady dealer. I would also be open to any suggestions if anyone has them! But wanted to get a little feedback from the community haha. Fortunately, as ive sold a total of 0 snakes, it is not like i will need to rebuild my reputation or anything, so i figure its much better to change the name now, then once I have a name people recognize.

Thoughts?

Welcome!
personally I like Carpets northeast but I’m boring.

1 Like

@nathanfincher It was nice simple and to the point haha, thats why i chose it, but alot of people thought i was peddling rugs… lol

1 Like

Welcome to the community! Breeding, in general, is very rewarding. It can be stressful and sometimes sad, but overall, it’s amazing!

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome! Ive been here a bit, this is simply the only thread i can discuss my business while still following the rules, so i update it from time to time haha

2 Likes

Haha, you got me there. I’m still figuring out the nuances of the forum on my phone. I see thag your updates came a year later than your original post. My bad. :slight_smile:

1 Like

All good, it never stops feeling good to feel welcomed haha. I only use my phone for the forunm, so ive got some practice xD

1 Like

Just an update, im rather fond of my latest pic of my hypo girl and think i can finally make a simplistic store logo for when i finally have things to sell :). I tweaked the picture a bit to be more eyecatching as well as to make the lettering stand out more.

Is it professional grade? No. Is it better than a blank log? Yes haha.

4 Likes

She should be able to take fuzzies easy.

Oh she can take more than fuzzys now haha, shes been eating like a champ, shes at jumbo ASFs now :slight_smile:

1 Like