Hard time selling on morphmarket

It could be your store name, a certain branch, a banana… anything… Just make it consistent.
Like, when I see that huge purple amethyst thingy and newspaperey table cloth, I know it’s a Gargoyle Queen ad and I’ll stop and take a look at what Kylie has posted recently.

6 Likes

This is true - and economic conditions in this country are going to get worse before they get better. If you run a reptile business, you need to keep in mind that you are selling a luxury item. I am not going to say that people won’t buy reptiles if they are not on firm financial ground - because we all know that people buy what they want to buy even if means whipping out that credit card. But as a seller, you should anticipate that sales might be weak for a while.

If you run a reptile business as your sole source of income, you probably can’t afford to throttle down your production. If you do this on the side, it might be in your best interest to do so. Personally, I made the decision to do less clutches this year and certainly the dinker projects got shelved. I also changed my rodent supplier due to the fact that the one I was buying from (big online company) raised prices by at least 50%.

The pandemic year saw record-breaking sales for many of us, myself included. But people are no longer stuck in their houses, shopping online with stimulus money. That’s over, and there is an economic reckoning on its way.

I’m not saying that businesses (reptile-related or other) can’t thrive during an economic downturn. There is plenty of evidence that those at the top of the ball python world were unaffected during the tough times of the recent past. But the reality is that the cost of living is up all across the board and only the naive think that this will not affect our industry.

5 Likes

Okay thanks, I’ll definitely start doing that! I deleted most of my ads and I’m redoing all the pictures and descriptions.

1 Like

There no need to totally delete your ads, just jump in and edit them and upload new pictures. Lots less work :+1:t4:

4 Likes