Hello everyone from Ryan of Exactly Exotics

I skipped the introduction and made a couple of posts, but I feel like I should introduce myself. I’m Ryan Fisher and I love reptiles. I grew up 1/2 mile from a small zoo in Illinois called Niabi Zoo and it’s definitely thanks to that I studied zoology in college. When I was in preschool someone from the zoo brought in a couple of snakes and from then on I was hooked. I bought my first snake with my first ever paycheck the summer before my freshman year of high school. From there, I’ve now grown very slowly to have my own small hobby business breeding snakes. For a few years and thanks to my wife’s interest I also kept and bred leopard, AFT, crested, and gargoyle geckos. I work with several species, but the bulk of my collection is ball pythons and corn snakes. Thanks for reading, I look forward to hopefully getting to know everyone.
Ryan Fisher
Exactly Exotics

6 Likes

Ryan, thanks for the intro and glad to have you!

Curious, did your (awesome) zoology degree lead to a related career or does it just help with your hobby?

1 Like

It helps with the hobby and I’d like to eventually use my degree, but where I am there aren’t many job opportunities where I could use it currently.

2 Likes