Hello from Beast Blade Wolf

Im from Toronto Canada have never had a reptile of any kind as a pet (only dogs) and thought Id look into something new and interesting. Im hoping to get either a Corn Snake or Uromastyx Geyri as my 1st reptile as Im not interested in Geckos, Boas or Pythons as a pet (although I do appreciate them zoologically for the neat creatures they are). Not sure which one I prefer though between the Corn Snake and the Uromastyx :thinking:.

1 Like

Have you looked into bearded dragons? They are extremely personable and very much like a cat with scales. They cuddle and seem to enjoy humans as much as we enjoy them. Lots of colors and other morphs too.

1 Like

@mama-susan yes I have. Beardies were one of the first I considered but I found I preferred the Uromastyx to the beardie by far. A beardie I saw at an expo 2 or 3 years ago seemed to take a huge interest in me but I had already decided I didnt want one. I find beardies interesting and like them a lot but the Uromastyx gives me an advantage when it comes to feeding as its easier for me to have something that has a diet thats more focused on greens than bugs instead of the other way around. Only thing I dont like about the Uromastyx is the heat it needs as I love cold environments. But the kinda temps Im happiest in arent good for any cold-blooded creature. I know I want an uro but dont know where in the house Id put it as its presence would possibly drive my dog who has free reign of the house and a high prey drive nuts. Plus the temperature I prefer to keep my room at is too cold for a reptile. When I figure out where to safely and enjoyably put the enclosure Ill look into getting an Uro. Just dunno if Ill go U. Geyri or U. Ornata and if Ill go :male_sign: or :female_sign:. I do like beardies a lot though.