Hello from the Midwest!

Hi! My name is Grace, but I normally go by Dracen. I’m a young non-binary reptile enthusiast wanting to learn as much as I can about all kinds of herptiles. One of my dreams is to study and breed endangered reptiles for conservation purposes. I love plains/Western Hognose snakes and will be getting one of my own within the next year or so. I hope to be able breed Hognose snakes and create a Snow Lavender Superconda, a morph I haven’t seen in the hobby yet. I don’t own any reptiles, but I have grown up around them both in the wild and in captivity. As my neighbor had a bearded dragon, and my closest cousin a Chinese water dragon and a red eared slider. I grew up in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and have lived in many places around the country since then, and currently live in south west Ohio with my parents, 5+ siblings, goldfish, cat and dog. I hope to learn a lot while I’m here, and apologise for any mistakes while posting as I’m still figuring out the format. I’m open to any questions so feel free to ask. I will not give out my age or location, obviously but feel free to ask anything else. My family does have a local soap business if anyone wants the info.

2 Likes

WelcomeSign

2 Likes

Welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself here!
Hoggies are great and one of my favorite snake species to work with :grin:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community :blush::wave:

If you want to show of your cat, dog and goldfish you can get involved in Non-reptile pets and can always start discussion on reptiles you are interested in.

No need to apologise. We all had to get used to the format of this software, it’s very advanced compared to others and can take a bit of getting used to. Here’s my favourite example :rofl:

1 Like

Hognose snakes are wonderful. I’ve been keeping Western Hognose snakes for four years and breeding them for two. Always happy to meet another Hognose lover.

1 Like

Welcome and nice to meet you !

1 Like