Hello herp friends

Hello everyone, I just joined the community a few days ago, but I figured I should introduce myself as you’ll probably see a lot of me.
I’m Jon, I’m 52 and I got my first lizards in 1984. All my life I’ve loved reptiles and amphibians and really animals in general.
I’ve been lucky enough to keep and bred many species of cichlids, chameleons, day geckos, bearded dragons and a ton of dart frogs. I’ve also kept a Timor and peach throat monitors.
Currently I’m keeping 23 tarantulas and 3 cats (though I think the cats are plotting my demise).
I’m an avid gardener and I live being outdoors as well as playing guitar (poorly).
It’s been a few years since I really kept any herps, I’m looking forward to acquiring some groups of small monitors (Ackies, Kimberly Rock, and Pilbara) before getting into some larger monitors.
Feel free to ask any questions, I love helping other keepers to keep their animals successfully.
I’m looking for a monitor mentor, so if you have expertise please reach out to me.
Well that’s all for now. Enjoy the show.
You can find me on Instagram at fun_with_tarantulas

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum, I wish you luck finding a mentor for your desired monitor species.

6 Likes

Welcome Jon! Glad to meet you! Super excited to have some more tarantula knowledge on here!

6 Likes

Hi Jon! Welcome to our community! I certainly have enjoyed your pictures! You have stumbled upon a veritable gold mine of good people who love reptiles. You will find plenty of people who will talk about T’s! I am sure there will be monitor people speak up as well. Those little darts are so cute! Looks like you have a great setup!

See ya soon! :grinning:

5 Likes

Welcome to the community! I have been loving all your tarantula pics today! I have kept a couple tarantulas, not a expert in them but dang yours are so beautiful! We love pics here so keep em coming!

5 Likes

Thank you so much. I will continue to post more pics as they allow me.

5 Likes

Hello Jon, and welcome! Your animals are super beautiful. :heart_eyes: Looking forward to seeing more of everyone.

5 Likes

Welcome to our fun bunch in here. I hope that we see more of you around here. A group of small monitors would be awesome. I can’t wait to see more pictures as you get them. Again, welcome :hugs:.

7 Likes

Thank you lumpy, I appreciate the welcome.

7 Likes

Welcome to the family! This is a great place to share the passion. I really love the pics of your beautiful animals. Looking forward to seeing more of them in the future!

5 Likes