Help Identify this hatchling please

The pairing was a Mojave to a lesser banana ghi. What do you guys think?

Snakey boi

6 Likes

definitely has banana haha. Gorgeous little snake

1 Like

I was wondering if it was banana ghi. Because of the wonkyness in the pattern and some of the connecting saddles

No ghi in that snake imo.

2 Likes

Maybe, I see what you are talking about I think it could be either way

1 Like

I could see this being a low-expression GHI

3 Likes

At first I was thinking banana GHI but but looking at it closer and referencing the marketplace I’m leaning towards a single gene banana. But I think it could be either, especially with the high variance of GHI.

I vote low expression ghi. Everyone else record your votes. We’ll all check back in 3 years and find out who’s buying. :laughing: :+1:

2 Likes

I say Banana GHI. If it is not GHI, then you have something else going on there. Normal ball pythons do not normally have squiggles around the alien heads.

2 Likes

Do you have pics of the clutch mates?

I really don’t think that is a GHI. It just doesn’t look like one at all. But I agree that there is more going on than just Banana.

3 Likes

Welcome to the minority lol I’m standing by my no ghi Id lol

1 Like

I agree that this is not GHI. As far as the variation, I have seen so many animals that are labeled Normal, and yet the patterns range from something as reduced as Enchi, to something as busy as Black Pastel. Do you know the pairings that produced both of the parents? Is there any possibility of het recessives in the lineage? When you look at how GHI interacts with any of the known quantities, the pattern doesn’t appear to match appropriately. Very nice looking snake, just the same.

2 Likes

Could there be Pastel hidden in one of the parents?

1 Like