Help Needed! Sick Ball Python!

Oh my goodness, poor Emilia and poor you! I’m sorry that she’s still unwell. I somehow was unaware that there was consideration of a foreign body. I’m saying an extra prayer for your baby and for you.

4 Likes

Emilia just got back from the vet, she is concerned with what looks like an abnormal GI Tract and something blocking a bit of it. Amazing thing is she only charged us for one, I am super happy with our experience with her so far. Emilia isn’t though, lol. The vet herself is unsure of what it could be and is sending her photos up to Ohio, I will leave the photos here for reference. Any help would be amazing. :slight_smile:

X-Ray 1
X-Ray 2
X-Ray 3

6 Likes

We have set up a GoFundMe for Emi, I am sharing it here just in case. Thank you all for the help, we are hopeful to get her there asap.

5 Likes

Did they do any bloodwork on her?

4 Likes

No, not yet. She wants Mili up in Ohio for them to do the bloodwork and anything else. She feels uncomfortable doing anything else herself. Sadly, this is our reality, lol. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oof, I’m sorry, that’s really frustrating. To be honest, there’s not much diagnosing anyone can do with just x-rays. While it’s possible it’s just a blockage, do prepare yourself in case it’s a congenital defect or disease.

I will say, if it is possibly a blockage, have you thought of trying vibration therapy? It’s non-invasive, and doesn’t really have any dangers if it’s not a blockage.

4 Likes

I will look into that and ask our vet to see if she would recommend. Thank you! We appreciate it. :grin:

4 Likes

Also, soaking to increase how much she is drinking can help move a blockage along until it is passed.

7 Likes

Also, can I ask what is the temperature of your heat mat? What does it read with a temperature gun? I am just trying to rule out old indigested prey item pieces.

6 Likes

Aww, I was hoping you’d have firm answers but I do understand that it can be hard to obtain those even with all the testing in the world. It’s hard even with humans, let among with exotics. How does Emilia seem to have handled her visit to the vet?

5 Likes

Her heat mat stays between 80-90

3 Likes

She does well actually, she is a little skittish right afterwards but once she is home it’s like nothing happened.

4 Likes

Thank you, we soak her regularly due to her having trouble with shedding.

4 Likes

That’s excellent! Some of them handle very visits smoothly, some not so much. I’m glad Emilia is in the former group.

3 Likes

Update here:
Update on Emilia the Sick Noddle

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that. I hope she gets better.

4 Likes