Hi from Georgia

Nice. I really like the kzn locality then you add the t+ and its awesome!

2 Likes

I agree! The pair I have now is definitely the nicest I’ve ever had! There are quite a few interesting morphs with house snakes now!

2 Likes

Yeah I’m hoping to get several more morphs and some other species.

1 Like

What enclosures do you keep them in, do you have any pictures of the enclosures? I don’t think that house snakes get as much attention as they deserve.

2 Likes

Right now they are both in tanks. As I get more I plan on building a rack but I still want to have at least my male in a display enclosure because I’ve found they are really fun to watch and are active even during the day. I’ll try to snap some pics when I get a chance.

1 Like

When I get them originally I was planning on putting them each in a 66qt storage tub but now I think I’ll put them in display tanks and keep babies in racks.

1 Like

I’m not a big fan sand boas but I do like bis and bcs

Here are the house snake enclosures.
I want to make my males cage a lot more naturalistic and my females tank is temporary so I’m not going to worry about it for her. I will say my female is more shy and I don’t see her as much but she is also younger, hasn’t been handled as much and was just recently upgraded to a tank.
Please excuse the mess, I’m working on organizing.

2 Likes

hey, sorry but what do you mean by bis and bcs?

Boa imperators and boa constrictors

1 Like

I love those enclosures, have you noticed that they will use vertical space or do they mostly stay on the ground?

1 Like

Oh cool, I like those to

I’m currently trying to figure that out by adding more branches and stuff and I think they will due to them being pretty active. They also hold on to you really well when you hold them. I’m going to observe them a little longer and probably add more branches before making a final verdict.

1 Like

Let us know what you find. I was planning on using a lot of vertical space in mine and possibly make it bioactive (maybe not for the first one though, just so I can figure out how to keep the snake happy before I add more elements).

1 Like

Will do. like I said earlier, I’ll probably make a whole thread for house snakes. Now I’ll wait until I have a better idea of this behavior. :+1:

1 Like

Welcome! I live in Acworth Ga right outside of Atlanta. I breed BI boas specifically.

1 Like

Cool! thanks for the welcome!

@mattcookreptiles are you involved with the Ga reptile society at all?

I know I’m a little late but welcome to the forum! Before moving to California I actually grew up in Georgia. Mainly in Atlanta and Savanna but I’ve lived all around the peach state. Hope you have a good time here!

1 Like

Welcome!

Im around sometimes and gone for weeks other times, works a bish haha, but if you have any questions, this is the place to be! Also its fun to have people to share a passion for reptiles with :slight_smile: i tend to hang out on the python side of the house, its where i have the most snakes and knowledge haha. Occasionally ill skulk through community threads though :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like