Hopefully breeding this year but

Its about a good 3-4inch deep i think without measuring it.

I would get a photo but she never leaves her new coconut hide :rofl:

Annoyingly thats the one thing she hasnt done. She showed all other breeding behaviour before pairing - such as trying to nest etc. We’ve put them together again tonight and plan to keep them together longer this time.

1 Like

In my research. I’ve read that if a Crestie hasn’t laid infertile eggs, then she is not ready to breed.

I don’t know how true this is, but it’s something I’m sticking to.

I know you said she is 52g, but maybe she’s still not ready? How old is she?

Calculating from when you post, she is still within 45 days from pairing. My girl laid at 50 ISH days. I would hold off pairing until 50 days incase she has got eggs and she gets stressed out.

Also, I read that digging up their hole every day might cause stress. I checked every other day, unless it looked like they had buried the hole over

1 Like

I managed to get a photo but it isnt the best but you can see obvious flab rolls.

Which is why i dont think she was gravid. She’s 3 yeats old in October. Shes digging but not that often so I don’t think its a stress response. Like we’ll see her in the nest box moving stuff wround and then she’s out again about 5 mins later

/misread what you said!
We do check when we do a general mist in her cage but nothing too intrusive.

3 Likes

I think she might just need to go on weight watchers. :joy:

3 Likes

@ashleyraeanne Legit!
She got us fooled so we upped her cricket in take…she sure loved that!

2 Likes

Most of my Geckos laid infertile eggs around 2/3 years old. Maybe she wasn’t ready & hopefully she will be this time round.

How many days did you keep them together? And how many days are you planning to keep them together this time?

2 Likes

We kept them together last time about 24 hours as we saw a visual lock. Keeping together now for about a week I think.

2 Likes

I kept both mine together for 4 nights.

First was unsuccessful (was his first time), second was successful. So I repaired the first to a free weeks ago, note waiting to see :crossed_fingers:

I hope it goes well.

Keep us updated

1 Like

I leave mine together for 3 days. I wait for eggs to be laid and see if fertile, if not they go in again for 3 days.

There’s also a chance if you saw a lock he isn’t fertile so defo put together again to see if next lot are :blush:

2 Likes

Is it possible she might be the problem as she hasn’t laid any eggs prior to being paired?

1 Like

It may be, but if she’s laying now then just a late layer. Some girls don’t lay til later, or if you don’t notice she’s laid and in a bio viv the woodlice etc will eat them.

3 Likes

Turns out she’s a very late layer!!

3 Likes

Just seen this, and not true as such. As I’ve had females at 9 months lay but she wasn’t ready as not right weight.
I’ve also had females not lay at all until paired.

2 Likes

Lily had no prelay also and produced today.

2 Likes

Congratulations on the eggs! Can’t wait to see the babies!

2 Likes

So, we’ve found something amazing.

I had a weird feeling and went thriugh her laybox and guess what I found?

More eggs!

Now here is the date problem, the first batch supposedly laid on day 61 - I think this is actually her second clutch of the season based on the dates otherwise it doesn’t add up? As it wouod be less than 30 days since her supposed first clutch.

So under the motion of deduction, there are two possible answers. We’ve found her first clutch which was hidden away so we didn’t find it but the eggs are still white. We candled and one doesn’t really show signs of life but we’re going to incubate anyway just in case.

The first clutch we found were laid at an ealier date, however weren’t found as soon as they were laid.

So in reality, we have no idea which was her first clutch until they hatch or don’t hatch with the potential dud.

2 Likes

See if older clutch is fertile.
How long has it been now? Should be black in there as baby will be growing!

Which would also mean you didn’t find them right away.
I’ve only just found a clutch last week that may only have 2-3 weeks left judging but how black the eggs in! Babies growing well :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah we went back and checked the first batch.
They all have black in them, the new batch look then to be newer as they still only have veins showing (or at least one is visible). How annoying!

Its such a shame when they dont know the schedule :rofl: we were expecting eggs potentiaply as of next weekend so no idea whats going on now.

3 Likes

Ah so you defo missed the first ones then, if you can’t see through then basically it’s a waiting game of when they hatch, which could be any day to a week usually if fully black I’ve found!

3 Likes

Update for those who are interested :smiley:

9 Likes