How Much To Feed 1 Year Old Leo

No, not yet. probably not for a few more years. I would prefer not to breed her to a male that could possibly produce both albino genes in one leo. But I also want to prove her out, so I am going for a RADAR male.

1 Like

Yeah, probably. Thank you!

She is super cute looking! And a gorgeous gecko as well!

In my opinion, I would recommend cutting down the amount of feeders she gets rather than the amount of feeding. And honestly, the feeders you are giving aren’t the best options. They are all pretty fatty and they don’t have to work for their food. Yes, most breeders use stuff like mealworms exclusively but that isn’t for the animals, it is because it is easy. Try switching over to dubias and crickets. And let them run around so she has to chase them. This lower fat diet, less food, and more exercise should really help her out. Just make sure to remove any uneaten insects after a few hours of placing them in.

1 Like

Ok, I will definitely try that! Thank you so much for your suggestions!

I agree!!

I fed mine crickets and dubias but more recently started feeding mealworms BECAUSE they are easy for breeders and because they’re so fatty, they keep my breeder females from losing TOO much weight during breeding…and if they do they gain it right back quickly. But, I agree with Logan, if you’re not breeding her right NOW she could lose some weight with some less fatty food and some exercise.

1 Like