Husbandry Pro app

That looks interesting! I am old school! I use index (recipe) cards! :joy:.

However I don’t have what would be considered a huge collection of snakes either! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::blush::snake:

4 Likes

Currently we are rebuilding our collection but keeping track of breeding activities was a big push to purchase the paid version. We do have a white board we use as well. This keeps a digital copy and you can import/export animals to others who use the app and may purchase/sell an animal used on there.

4 Likes

I say anything that makes life easier go for it! My method works for me because I am not a breeder so all I have to keep up with is feeding……

4 Likes

I dunno. I’m also old school, and I am a breeder in a small way. I use index cards for each individual, calendars for feeding and breeding, cowhide and clipboards and other old school things. I have considered various apps and other screen methods but I’ve got some issues with double vision at times and keep not going that route because of additional screen time. I have been considering again this season, though.

3 Likes

Dont know if i want to make the move. Notes, spreadsheet, color tape seems to work for me. I started to use MM but lost interest after adding a few. MM one looks to be setup nicely and good feature, i just get bored having to re do everything. I would probably use MM if i get around to it.

2 Likes

I did not want to make the switch. It was overwhelming to be honest. The old ways worked and they do work for alot of people. Even if you use the old ways and a digital way to have a historical record. For me this works great now that i have built a system.

3 Likes

I am not trying to convert anyone. I am just giving information that I have to share. MM works well for breeding projects and all that but not nitty gritty stats that i have seen.

3 Likes

I was just saying what i do. Not knocking what you posted. I have never tried Husbandry, but i have heard a lot of good things about it. It was early when i posted, sorry if it came across wrong. I use to keep track of everything that happened, but after a while and not needed the majority of it, now i just keep important things documented. For a new animal or hatchling, i will keep everything for a while, just to know what is happening and to make sure everything is going good. Pulling up notes on the phone and entering what happened is quick and easy. Than over time i can just delete the note or store it.

What nitty gritty things does it have?

3 Likes

No you did not come off anytype of way and if I did I apologize. The app allows me to keep track of costs for feeder, on hand quantities, when to order notifications, feeding notifications, cleaning, follicles tracking, brumation, organization by rack/location, what is in incubators, bad/good eggs, weights. Anything you can think of is on there.

If you just wanted to check it out and use the free version, its worth it to just download and look it over.

Another feature I have not tried but they have NFC sensors to attach to cages/bins that allow you to scan and pulls up the animal and their sheets. They have a label maker as well that would can build for each animal.

3 Likes

Not at all. I was just trying to clarify on my part.

I did forget they had a free version, i might have to check it out. Some of what you listed sound like realy good options. Thanks for listing them out.

2 Likes