I am needing help

Oops! I’m sorry! But I’m glad I know now! You are just so knowledgeable about leopard geckos that I thought of you first……. :joy:

Oh sorry I didn’t think about that. I have a disability and it’s hard for me to spell sometimes. The original owner had a red light on him and he said that he is blind he doesn’t see anything

1 Like

It is ok, just try to be a little bit more careful when talking about stuff like that. Even though @mblaney is very open about her medical problems like a lot of us here, it is always good to ask before saying things as someone in a different situation might find it really offensive and it could end up ruining their day.

back to the issue- Are you still using a red light? I would not be surprised if the owner was wrong about him being blind as geckos are pretty clumsy. One way you can test is to move around the hides and watch to see what happens. If he goes to one of the hides and doesn’t act super duper confused and not no what to do then he is probably fine.

1 Like

I keep getting DMs about this post and I legit do not have time to go over basic husbandry. Hopefully there is someone else here who can, or can point the OP in the right direction. Searching the forum can be a great resource and a good place to start. I just don’t have the ability to go over the beginner aspects of keeping leos. It hurts to type & takes me forever, and I have plans for Halloween & need to have functioning hands.

Here is the info I recently replied with:

My main advice, and I’ll repeat it one more time- you need to get a temp gun. you HAVE TO know the temperatures on both the hot & cool end, and have them be correct, in order to keep a leopard gecko. If you’re not going to do this, you need to rehome him with an adoption agency or other person who will do it. If temperatures are not controlled, your leo will die. You need a UTH, with a thermostat, that you keep at the correct temperature. Too high and your leo will dehydrate & die. Too low and they will get septic and die from eating.

I really do apologize for getting you involved in this situation. I wish I could undo the damage I did. Under the circumstances you certainly have addressed this op with plenty of information/advice without being continually bombarded with dms after the fact. I am hoping after I post this you will be left alone. :crossed_fingers: