I could use some knowledge if anyone can help!

ICY has been in her hide for 4 days now since her last feeding. Her last feeding was on Thursday. She was actually in blue at the time. I noticed when I took a look to check on her . She was under her hide rubbing her face in the substrate and rubbing against the wooden hide constantly … is this normal behavior??

3 Likes

That’s how they they start to shed, they have to rub their nose and face against something rough to get it started. I’d just make sure her humidity is high enough that it comes off smoothly

6 Likes

Thank you ! I was worried… But I just got home and I checked on her… she literally pushed all the substrate out of the hide lol… but she got it all off herself… when should I take a look and actually try grabbing the shedding out? Do I give her some time to hold again?

1 Like

If you are worried about her feeding, then I would try to feed her tomorrow night. When she grabs the prey item, go ahead and grab the shed. If you aren’t worried about her eating, you could grab the shed now if you want.

4 Likes

First shedding done since she been home !

8 Likes

So is it ok to go ahead and handle ICY now that she is done shedding?

4 Likes

Yes, I don’t see a problem in it. But one thing, did you check if the eyecaps were in the shed?

4 Likes

Yes her eye caps were inside the shed! Her eyes are all back to normal.

5 Likes

Then you are in the clear

Pun intended

4 Likes

I agree your free to hold her till next feed!

I never seem to get a good eye cap on the sheds (not photo worthy) but I can tell they all shed fine so I don’t worry.

2 Likes

Here’s a few good pictures lol!

If you want to see

3 Likes