I think they are sublime?

I think Iguanas are sublime
Iguana: I’m a potato

13 Likes

We need an Iguana meme or two. This pic is very nice.

1 Like

I’m surprised more people don’t meme my pics

2 Likes

I would love to have a green Iguana at some point but with my luck Id probably wind up tail-whipped, scratched and bitten. Last Iggy I got to pet at an expo was a pretty girl. Her male friend or bro or bf (I dunno which) kept giving me the evil eye like “come here so I can whip ya with my tail then bite the heck outta ya”. Id meme but Im crap at it. We should see if somebody in this community can meme.

1 Like

Sadly most iguanas don’t make very good pets. Most are going to have aggressive issues at some point (especially males), and on top of that they need a lot of space to live. They can also rack up a pretty large food bill once they are bigger. Organic fresh greens can be expensive.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Yep their aggressive reputation is why Id be afraid to own one. I saw a youtube vid once where an Iguana gave a few head-bobs at a stuffed animal (silent no hissing) then grabbed it and “beat it up” shall we say. I think if I ever had an Iggy Id want a ♀ since their a bit easier but still gotta be extra careful. At least if my dog gets miffed she will growl for a bit as a warning beforehand. Still Iggys are one of the biggest species that got me interested in reptiles though.

SPOT ON!!! Except the food bit. I’m a female owner and my last ig was an old rehomed male. When he was in season, or me…he just didn’t come out. I got my first Iguana in 1992. She lived into her teens. I have since then taken on various iguanas. This one I bought. I have this guy, a blue, a rehomed red and an albino on it’s way. We also have Rhinos, 3 species of spiny tail and fijis. In terms of “Pet” to handle I would always say females and Rhino are better. Even then, they still need work. Something that I am prepared to and have put in. In terms of food we grow a lot ourselves and have a vast garden so get mamny wild flowers for them in season. I don’t find food for them costs an awful lot TBH. I make about 2kg of food per day. I am used to spending approx £150 a week on animal foods for all my lot, I don’t find iguana and tort food expensive TBH.

4 Likes