I think we hit our goal for the year!

After a few clutches with not so great odds, I was a bit disappointed when we only hit 3 clowns from a 9 egg clutch from a pastel leopard clown x russo het clown. We cut on day 55, and couldn’t see much for patterns on the clowns. I peeked today, and I’m pretty sure we hit the russo leopard clown! I cannot wait for this one to crawl out of the egg and hopefully confirm what I think it is!

16 Likes

Yes yes yes…please keep all of us updated on these beautiful babies

2 Likes

super excited to see it in all its glory! I have actually wanted to see this exact combo for some time now.

1 Like

Here’s the first clown to come out. It’s at least pastel leopard, and I’m thinking russo as well. Still waiting on the others!

21 Likes

wow it has a very strong dorsal stripe and is very clean overall. Does make me think it has something else other than just pastel and leopard.

3 Likes

That and look how clean the head is, I’d bet that has russo in there as well. That thing is insane! Doesn’t look like a just pastel leo clown to me.

4 Likes

Definitely would be something id want to produce myself. Would like to see some pics after it sheds out

4 Likes

Here it is. Not so sure there’s russo in there any more. What do yall think? It didnt want to hold still for pictures.

10 Likes

7 Likes

Definitely a leopard clown.
If it doesn’t darken up after it’s first shed, possibly russo but very unlikely, for sure no pastel.
But I think it’s just leopard, beautiful snakes so far!

2 Likes

You have hit beautiful babies, they look very nice.

1 Like

Its crazy how it darkens so drastically. do any siblings have russo?

Yes, several siblings have russo. I will post a full clutch picture when they’re all out. It’s a very under rated gene that seems to be gaining traction suddenly.

1 Like

Looks like we did hit the all gene animal twice! These are so much cooler than I had pictured.

12 Likes

Dude!!! You killed the odds :metal:.
What absolute beauties.

4 Likes

Wow I really think you are onto something here! Very happy for you that you hit the odds…twice!

4 Likes

I never would have thought russo would have cleaned up the pattern that much when added into leo, pastel and clown.
Killer clutch! Congratulations that’s one of the best I’ve seen posted on here all year, with amazing odds hitting all the genes twice!
Nice work.

6 Likes

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I will for sure keep everyone updated on how they age. There is still so much untapped potential in the russo clown project, and I cant wait to see where it goes in the next few years!

3 Likes

The last one finally came out. It is a russo leopard het clown, and is gorgeous! I will post full clutch pics once they shed out.

9 Likes

Very awesome clutch! (though I think the leopard clown might be my favorite. xD)

1 Like