Im glad i found this site!

Im new to this site and glad to be here. I have loved animals all my life and was born to a rather family if mostly boys. My papa use to take us hunting fishing, camping and hiking. Over the years i have had so many pets and many that people would not think were my pets lile i actually had a crayfish :joy: i had chickens. Ducks, roster, dogs cats, rabbits, fish lizards frogs, spiders pigs, rats, mice, hamsters, snakes salamander, newts tadpoles and soon to be scorpions. I havenā€™t had many friends especially with my ā€œunusalā€ pets so friends refuse to come over, not sure why i keep all my pets locked up safe except my kitty, they probably have more danger from my cat than my pets because my kitty doesnā€™t like anyone but me she griwls and hisses at my guests and i have to put her on time out. Im also glad to see fellow females here and i know i dont feel differnt now. I do plan on getting more ā€œhotā€ invertebrates but i have them in a tank in a bigger tank that locks. Eventually too id love to get a couple ā€œhotā€ reptiles.

Drop your links:

MorphMarket Store:
Facebook:
Instagram:
Youtube:

9 Likes

Hello and welcome, Im sure we are all glad to have you!

However I must ask that you pay the pet tax :stuck_out_tongue:

Id love to see what you currently keep, never was a huge fan of inverts but some of the ones on here are making me reconsider, Iā€™m more of a snake person hahah.

5 Likes

I am in the process of moving and once im set up and running again ill be posting pics. My brother is a photographer and he is not squeamish. I also need to figure out the safest way to take pics for my brother and me but also for my pets. My kitty is really the only pet that i interact with (other than feeding and cleaning). Many of the pets i love , hide most times.

4 Likes

Mighty glad to have you on the board! Most of my favorite pets are pretty good at playing hide and seek, too.

1 Like

ah, yeah I just finished moving, itā€™s a huge pain hahah, luckily my snakes didnā€™t care too much, just as active (or not) as they ever were!

canā€™t wait to see what you got, no rush of course

3 Likes

Oh yes they will! Im planning on a Sydney Funnel Web next. Thank god they cant climb glass! I think my brother will be safe shooting him/her after i move. Of course safety is paramount im probably going to go full biome vivarium so i can have clean up crews clean so i wont have to risk getting bit since they are pretty hot tempered and dont back down.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community! Glad you found us as well!

I freaking love ducks

7 Likes

Really? Down here in south Florida we have peking ducks that are just around lol :joy:. They kind a creeped me out the first time I saw them.

6 Likes

Welcome to the community! More the merrier here :smiley:

What is a hot invertebrate?

5 Likes

Vietnamese centipedes, for an example. :blush:

5 Likes

Iā€™m a huge fan of Muscovy ducks we have them in parks in the Lou! Remind me of darth maul also a fan of his :upside_down_face: these are my buddys super cool lol

And wondering why itā€™s surprising I like ducks lol

6 Likes

I imagine any venomous insect such as spiders, scorpions, and as lumpy pointed out, some types of centipedes :slight_smile:

Just like hot reptiles, just in invert form

7 Likes

Welcome! That is quiet the army of animals you have! I love your cat haha. There is a special feeling when you have a grump animal that trusts you completely. You get to feel special haha.

6 Likes

I am not okay knowing this information :skull:

5 Likes

Lol, I am thinking of getting one eventually!

4 Likes

Welcome!

What species? I have a Juliana/mini potbelly mix. His name is Abnor.

7 Likes

Welcome to the community

I donā€™t know anyone else, in person, that has reptiles so use mm as my chat place :relaxed:

I bought my husband his first reptile, a bearded dragon, sadly passed away several years ago due to tumors. But we have both been hooked since :relaxed:

Iā€™m mostly a crested gecko gal but we have snakes and some fish also :snake:

I love animals. Iā€™ve had hamsters, mice, parakeets, cats & a dog.

Canā€™t wait for some pics of your group :grin:

5 Likes

Welcome! Your childhood sounds a lot like mine, at least where the animals are concerned. No brothers or sisters, and Mom was to terrified of snakes to ever let me keep one in the house but that didnā€™t stop me playing with them in the woods and pastures. I had a menagerie. My favorite hen used to come inside and listen while I read to her, or watch tv with me. She usually perched on the arm of my chair. Oddly enough, she seemed housetrained. My dog went to Kindergarten with me. He was the only canine in the class. When our kindergarten graduation pics were in the local paper, his was included. And youā€™re the only other person Iā€™ve run across who had a pet crayfish!

4 Likes

Ohhhh my goodness piggie smalls is super cute!

2 Likes

I loved my lil crayfish i raised him since a baby, i actually cried when my brother accidentally killed him by stepping on him. Tbh i wanna go get another or 2. I dont care if people think its odd bc i love animals and i love unusual pets that few people have. The fun part was seeing him molt out of his old exoskeleton.

2 Likes